Destinations Showcase Washington is the Mid-Atlantic’s largest conference & expo exclusively bringing planners and trade show organizers together with Convention and Visitor Bureaus from the United States and abroad.
Attendees of Destinations Showcase will:
Meet face-to-face with representatives from approximately 200 destinations that are eager to host their next event– all in one place, in one afternoon
Find the best deals, learn about meeting facilities, exhibit space, and hotel room availability; identify attractions and unique venues
Expand industry knowledge during morning education sessions presented my leading meeting experts
Earn credit hours towards CMP designation
Network and gain first-hand insight during a keynote luncheon featuring, Capricia Penavic Marshall—the former Chief of Protocol for the United States, 2009-2013.
We are looking for students who would like to volunteer to assist produce Destinations Showcase 2014. Volunteer assignments will include but not limited to the following:
Conference Bag Stuffing
Meeting Room Set-Up
Assist with Promotional Pavilion Suppliers
Meeting Room Monitor
SHIFT DATES AND TIMES:
– Tuesday February 11 9:45am-5pm Conference Bag Stuffing Dresscode: Khakis/Jeans
– Tuesday February 11 1:45pm-6pm Meeting Room Set-Up Dresscode: Khakis/Jeans
– Wednesday February 12 7:15am-12pm Assist Promotional Suppliers Dresscode: Business Attire
– Wednesday February 12 7:15am-12pm Registration Directional Dresscode: Business Attire
– Wednesday February 12 7:15am-12pm Meeting Room Monitors Dresscode: Business Attire
– Wednesday February 12 9:45am-1:30pm Keynote lit drop & Directional Dresscode: Business Attire
Please inform me when signing up if only a partial shift can worked.
We will begin event instructions prior to each shift on time therefore please be prompt and respectful of everyone’s time.
Dress code: please refrain from wearing pants with holes, sweatshirts, graphic offensive t-shirts. It is imperative to wear comfortable shoes as we will be on our feet a majority of the time.
All volunteer submissions should be sent no later than the 3rd of February, 2014.
Please email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Volunteer emails should include: date and shift they would like to work, cell phone number and email address. Please list “GWU Volunteer” in the subject line. I will confirm participation with an email that will include when and where they should show up.
For more information on Destinations Showcase: http://www.destinationashowcase.com