The Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets is organizing the Taste of Dupont on Saturday, May 31 from 2:00-5:00 p.m. And that means we need volunteers to help from 12:30-5:00 on that day. Ticketed participants walk throughout Dupont Circle sampling signature appetizers, entrées, and desserts at participating restaurants. Tickets are on sale for $5 each or at 9 Dupont Circle, NW on the day of the event. We will have a table set up for people to pick up their pre-payed tickets and also to buy tickets on the day of the event.
Volunteers need to arrive at 12:30 p.m. for an orientation in the Dupont Circle office for an overview and site assignments, then tickets go on sale at 1:00 for the event, which opens at 2:00. Please wear a white dress shirt. This event will go on rain or shine!
Will Call Table Volunteers – staffed from 1:00-5:00
• Check off reserved tickets, and collect payments, if needed (paid in advance)
• Sell tickets to patrons for $5 each – cash, creditcard, and check accepted. Make checks payable to
Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets.
• Comp tickets are give to VIPs and contest winners. Check the comp list.
• Hand out maps so patrons know where to go
• Answer questions and direct participants to the nearest restaurants
• Will Call volunteers can rotate to restaurants as well
• Collect tickets and surveys at the end of the event
Restaurant Volunteers – in place from 1:45-5:00 p.m.
• Introduce yourself to the manager at each site
• Be stationed in a visible location, such as near the door to greet patrons
• Collect a ticket from each patron
• Every 30 minutes or so, someone should come by to replace you so you can move onto the next venue – so you get to experience several restaurants throughout the day!
• After the event, please return to the HDCMS office with collected tickets, supplies, etc.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact:
Bill McLeod, Executive Director
Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets
9 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036