PCMA’s Chesapeake Chapter is putting the below program on just for students! Hope to see you there!
Where: Howard Community College*
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, Maryland 21044
*The Howard Community College campus is centrally located in Howard County, less than one mile off US-29 or MD-32 and just five miles from I-95. It’s an easy drive from Baltimore, DC, or anywhere in between! Ample free parking is available on campus.
3:30 – 5:00 PM Registration
4:00 – 5:00 PM Career Exploration Panel
5:00 – 6:30 PM What’s Hot, What’s Not 2015
5:00 – 6:30 PM
What’s Hot, What’s Not 2015!
We are kicking off 2015 with the information YOU need to know to be on top of event industry trends in the coming year. The event experts at Feats, Inc. will present their predictions for the new year, including everything from fashion to décor to food and beverage innovations that you’ll be seeing on banquet menus all year long. Don’t miss out on learning the Pantone Color of the Year for 2015! This always popular trends overview will set you up to look smart and be ahead of the trends curve in 2015.
Attendees will be able to take back what they have learned in this presentation and apply it to their own meetings and events, putting them ahead of the curve for 2015 and sparking creativity to be a leader in the year to come. Some of the topics and trend takeaways will apply to the following aspects of events and meetings:
Audiovisual trends and creative presentations and staging
- Food and Beverage trends for exciting eating
- Updates on décor for the new year. If planners are looking
for ways to spice up the look of their meeting or event, décor trends will help you do it!
- Announcement of Pantone’s color of the year for 2015 and ways to use to elegantly and creatively in your meetings and events.
4:00 – 5:00 PM
Career Exploration Panel
Are you considering a career in the meetings industry, but don’t know
what your options are? Join us for a FREE career exploration panel
featuring experts offering advice from both the meeting planner perspective and the sales executive perspective. Panel speakers will include speakers from the following positions/organizations:
- Full time Meeting Planner
- Site Selection Firm
- Hotel National Sales
- Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Third Party meeting Planning Company
- Meetings industry suppliers such as housing bureau, audiovisual
company, and more…
This panel is specifically designed to give hospitality students and emerging professionals the honest truth about career options, including:
- What each of these jobs is really like on a day-to-day basis
- Skills and experience necessary to get hired
- How to get started in the industry
- Travel opportunities for different job types
- Earning potential for different types of position
This Career Exploration Panel is presented by the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter. Following the Career Panel, participants are invited to register and stay for the Chesapeake Chapter’s monthly education event, “What’s Hot, What’s Not 2015!