“Make a difference on a smaller scale.”
Introducing Connect PCMA: Meet 1:1 for peer career coaching during COVID19
The aftermath of COVID-19 has left many of our industry colleagues looking for jobs and needing career advice. Now more than ever, our community needs us. From a student entering the business event industry to a seasoned event professional dusting off their resumé, we can all learn from each other. Sign up today as a mentee or mentor to provide peer guidance on how to navigate through job hunting and sharpen your interview skills. Complete a brief application and we will schedule an one-on-one appointment mentee with a mentor expert that can address your challenges.
Peer Coach: Willing to help mentee with resume review, LinkedIn branding and practicing interview skills and explore the industry different career paths.
Peer Trainee: Looking for advice in resume review, LInkedIn branding, interview practice and navigating through the industry career path.
Career Coaching Categories – Peer Coaches will provide guidance in the following areas:
Resume Review: Learn how to update your resume to attract your ideal employer
- Resume review and analysis, assistance in updating your resume
- Provide recommendations for rephrasing your sales objective
- Learn tips on how to polish your resumé to highlight your skill sets
LinkedIn Profile Expert: Many employers review your LinkedIn profile to learn more about your employment history and read your recommendations.
- Learn how to spice up your LinkedIn profile
- Strategy: Learn how and who to ask for a recommendation
- Wondering what to post?: What are best practices for posting on LinkedIn
Interview Practice: Have you ever lacked confidence in an interview and didn’t know what to say?
- Practice with your mentor on some of the top interview questions
- Learn how to communicate effectively during an interview (Speaking, Posture, Body Language)
- Virtual Interviewing tips: What to wear, what devices to use, and interview set up
Career Path: Hospitality and Tourism is unique and provides a wide variety of employment opportunities
- Learn the different areas/industries within the hospitality (Association, Gov’t, Corp, Hotels, CVB, Convention Centers).
- Learn the variety of employment offerings within the industry (meeting planner, sales, transportation, housing, etc.)
- Help determine what area you want to pursue based on your personal preference, passion, and skill set
TO APPLY: Please complete the application, here.
Have questions? Please email Rasheena Wilson at email@example.com , who will guide you in the sign up process for both mentors and mentees!