Executive Meeting Manager – Destination DC, Washington DC (posted 5/24/2023)
Reports To: Senior Manager, In House Group Sales. We are looking to fill two vacancies for the Executive Meeting Manager, Market(s): Corporate and Association East Coast (10-50 rooms on peak) & Midwest/West Coast (10-99 rooms on peak), Social 10-99 rooms on peak Would you be described as someone who enjoys a day full of new and exciting opportunities? Are you passionate about selling Washington D.C. as domestic and international meeting & conventions destination? Destination DC (DDC) is hiring an Executive Meetings Manager to join the convention sales team within our Convention Sales Department. The Executive Meetings Manager(s) position is responsible for developing self-contained business for the DC/metropolitan area as a convention and meetings destination. If you are charismatic, take the initiative, creative, and loves to travel while developing authentic client relationships this may be the ideal position for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
- Generate bookings for meetings and conventions in alignment with marketing priorities
- Identify, research, and prospect target accounts to uncover additional business opportunities for the city.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional events and industry trade shows with a goal towards developing Washington, DC business interests.
- Produce sales leads for destination’s hotel partners.
- Follow up on lead sources via inquiry, trade shows and trade publications.
- Facilitate Washington Convention Center event proposals.
- Execute and oversee client site inspections.
- Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions as assigned.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels, and services.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and competing cities through trade publications, industry events, and travel.
- Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, In House Group Sales, Director of Sales and Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
What You Bring: Experience, Competencies & Education
- One to two (1-2) years sales or hospitality industry experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
- Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel.
- Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, customer relationship management software and destination management software systems required.
- The position requires interaction with clients, members and partners, the candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
To Apply: Visit https://www.washington.org/careers. Applicants should include both a resume and cover letter, plus salary requirements
DESTINATION DC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We welcome all to apply and are committed to retaining, hiring, developing, and promoting diverse talent. We recognize and celebrate cultural differences within our organization by establishing opportunities for education and allyship. Please reach out to us if you need assistance with an application.