New Job Opportunity: Manager, Meetings and Events – International Sign Association, Alexandria VA
Organization: International Sign Association (ISA)
Position: Manager, Meetings & Events
Location: Alexandria, VA
Reports to: Vice President, Meetings & Events
Come join a leading association for the sign, graphics, and visual communications industry as the Manager of Meetings and Events. The International Sign Association (ISA) is seeking a Manager of Meetings and Events to manage the planning cycles and timelines of the association’s onsite and virtual events. This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
The Manager of Meetings and Events will turn events into memorable experiences by managing the planning cycles and juggling the needs and timelines of both internal and external stakeholders and partners. In this role, you will be comfortable organizing a Board meeting for 20 people or a tradeshow for 20,000 and revel in the excitement and buzz of being onsite and seeing the hard work come to fruition. The Manager of Meetings and Events will seek improvements for future events and provide new ideas and innovations that can improve the experience and value for all participants at ISA Events.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of experience in the meetings and event industry. Non-profit sector expertise is a plus. ISA seeks individuals with the ability to remain calm in the face of ever-changing circumstances in both the planning cycle and while onsite. Qualified candidates will also have an understanding of virtual event platforms and experience in managing virtual events. Proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel and internet research, is required; experience using Smartsheets and/or Salesforce and CMP certification is preferred.
How To Apply
For more information or to submit your resume, please visit the following job link:
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
About The International Sign Association (ISA)
The International Sign Association (ISA), recognized by the Council of Manufacturing Associations as a “Best Place to Work”, is a leading association for the sign, graphics, and visual communications industry. The association hosts ISA’s International Sign Expo®, an annual tradeshow and conference that draws 20,000+ attendees (converted to virtual in 2021) as well as smaller boutique/niche in-person and virtual events. ISA is highly selective in who it hires, expecting candidates to live up to its culture code, not see titles but see opportunities, roll up their sleeves to support day-to-day operations, and position ISA for the future.
ISA believes that happy employees make productive employees. ISA lives its staff-created culture code which promotes staff to (1) take calculated risks, (2) be their unique selves – they were hired for a reason, (3) foster respect, transparency, and trust, and most important (4) have fun!
About Cessna & Associates, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer.
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Cessna & Associates embraces and celebrates the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Just as we are deliberate in our own pursuit of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, our efforts support our clients’ DEI success. We drive every search with an unyielding focus to create an even playing field for all candidates and assess their ability to be “culture adds”, not merely “fits” for our clients. Our team builds and nurtures this rich tapestry of diversity for ourselves and for our clients.
New Job Opportunity: Marketing and Events Coordinator / NARFE – Alexandria, VA
The Marketing and Events Coordinator will provide end-to-end marketing and production support for NARFE’s popular webinar program (18 webinars per year) and provide operational oversight for NARFE’s two biennial conferences held in alternating years. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing customer service inquiries for the marketing and communications department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write compelling marketing copy for events and webinars and assist with marketing copy used in membership development and fundraising.
- Ensure all marketing plans are executed successfully.
- Assist with general website updates and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) as needed.
- Assist with proofreading on communications and marketing materials, including the monthly magazine and various newsletters, as needed.
- Coordinate webinar marketing campaigns with the Federal Benefits Institute and the membership development office.
- Manage all aspects of webinar broadcast, including pre- and post-production, and moderate Q&As.
- Manage webinar evaluation process and on-demand webinar content updates.
Meetings and Conference Responsibilities
- Coordinate speaker selections and program tracks in coordination with advocacy department and Federal Benefits Institute for FEDcon (even-year conference; ~800 attendees) and in coordination with advocacy for LEGcon (odd-year, legislative training conference, ~300 attendees)
- Oversee pre-conference logistics such as signage, badges, registration packets
- Coordinate with business development department on sponsorship deliverables
- Coordinate with event contractor team on site selection process, meeting contracts, logistics planning
- Manage hotel or other on-site logistics for conferences and smaller meetings (some travel required)
- Maintain conference websites, including setting up registration and updating program information
- Manage conference evaluation process
- Assist in developing event budgets
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with database use (CRM or AMS experience preferred), content management systems and email platform such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar service. Demonstrated experience with WordPress and Higher Logic preferred.
- Familiarity with Zoom, video editing software such as Premier
- Excellent communication skills and attention to editorial detail.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle competing priorities.
- Experience supporting events required; experience in planning and managing events preferred
- Association or nonprofit experience preferred
- HIGH: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- BASIC: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- HIGH: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of event management platforms, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media, and website content management systems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The headquarters office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking benefit, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave. Please forward resumes to Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned benefits of the federal community. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Jennifer Rafael at firstname.lastname@example.org