NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is seeking a motivated and experienced meeting planner to organize, coordinate, and execute all aspects of association events.
A successful candidate will have excellent people, time management and organizational skills, as well as a high attention to detail. A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in the meetings industry is required and applicant must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, be able to manage multiple concurrent projects, and be willing to travel. CMP is preferred but not required.
Why work for us?
NTCA cultivates a positive work environment that embodies a culture of respect, collaboration, communication and innovation. You will join a team that values efficient work, rewards initiative, and recognizes that employees at all levels contribute to the overall success of NTCA and its members.
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, various retirement savings options, and many more. We are located in a modern office within short walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station and the newly renovated Ballston Common. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.ntca.org
E-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) has an exciting opening for a Coordinator, Event Sales. This position will coordinate the sale of exhibits and advertising to commercial members and non-members, as well as other affiliated organizations. The Coordinator, Event Sales will have a deep understanding of why organizations should exhibit at the AZA Annual Conference, Mid-Year Meeting, advertise with AZA, and support various activities throughout the year. The Coordinator will be an active member of the Events Team and the Member Services Department, reporting to the Director, Business Development and Marketing. The AZA Annual Conference is held in early September and attracts 3,000+ attendees and 250+ exhibiting companies. The Mid-Year Meeting is early spring and attracts 1,000+ attendees and 35+ exhibiting companies. Travel is required for both.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In collaboration with the Director, Business Development and Marketing, this position is responsible for the:
- Fulfillment of exhibiting, advertising and sponsorship sales for all AZA conferences and meetings.
- Analysis and development of new business strategies for exhibits, advertising and sponsorships, converting prospects into clients across all platforms.
- Management and fulfillment of collateral for exhibit, advertising and sponsorship sales, including the procurement of onsite signage and materials.
- Coordination of ad contracts, artwork, placement and tear-sheet delivery for both conference publications and Connect magazine.
- Customer service, management of email and phone inquiries, as well as in-person support during AZA conferences and meetings.
- Member service support of Commercial members with inquiry and request throughout the year, including the development and delivery of their targeted, monthly e-newsletter.
- Administrative and operational duties supporting the successful acquisition, fulfillment, billing, and revenue collection associated with exhibit, advertising and sponsorship sales.
- In collaboration with the Events Team , develop exhibit hall floorplans and pre-conference planning materials, including communications, service kits and reminders.
- Administering the sales modules in Netforum and eShow. Ensure accurate record keeping, maintenance and data quality.
- Surveying, analyzing and evaluating performance and trends of all marketing and promotional efforts to grow outside sales for conferences and meetings.
- Providing quality assurance reviews of advertising specs in printed publications.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Knowledge, Skills And Other Characteristics
- Demonstrated skills in the use of the internet applications, databases and CRM tools (Excel, eShow/Netronix, Salesforce.com and NetForum preferred) to gather and analyze data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high-level of customer service.
- Creative problem solver with superior organizational skills, analytical abilities, strong attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, members and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to travel.
Minimum Training And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years direct experience or equivalent working in administration of events, business development or sales. Non-profit, Association background preferred.
- Experience working with third-party vendors, including general service contractors and exhibit sales technology providers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to Melissa Howerton, SVP Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The National Association of Home Builders is accepting applications for a Convention Operations Coordinator to work on the NAHB International Builders’ Show and Board of Directors’ Meetings. This important position coordinates specific components (temporary staffing, print production, association freight, VIP transportation, etc.), supports operations staff with other key components (registration, committee support, departmental administrative support, etc.) and assists in the overall management of the operations for the International Builders’ Show.
Candidates should have 1 – 2 years of experience working for tradeshows, meetings, conference or facilities management, or experience working for a tradeshow vendor (general contractor, CVB, hotel, etc.). Ideal candidates will have experience in print production, database structure and connectivity. Knowledge of MS Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) required. A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and EventXL is a plus. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. CEM or CMP certification a plus. All candidates must have a willingness to learn, hit the ground running and contribute immediately. Some travel is required.
To apply, please visit nahb.org/jobs.
Are you the mover and shaker in your network who organizes social activities? Are you the type of person that has the natural ability of influencing others and making friends everywhere you go? Do you love to travel? Are you practically a professional multi-tasker because you’re always on the move and handling so many things at once?
If any of the above resonates with you, then you could be the next great addition to our winning event management team.
National Conference Services, Inc. (NCSI) located in Columbia, Maryland, is actively seeking an entry–level Event Manager that will contribute to our growth and success. Our company culture and family environment draws some of the most highly motivated, competitive, and logistically organized people in the industry. With a great work/life balance, NCSI makes it possible to enjoy your job, travel, and make lifelong mentors and friends, all while offering the opportunity to have a direct impact on our small business. We cater to some of the largest defense and intelligence agencies in the government and we take pride in being able to offer the best service from an incredible team of people. Our event staff plan, market, and produce over 85 on-site tabletop Technology Expositions all over the United States and Europe.
Want to learn more?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, market, and execute 20+ on-site tabletop technology expositions a year
- Develop and maintain relationships with government clients
- Prospect and develop new business
- Prepare promotional and marketing materials for each event including flyers, posters, invitations and banners
- Secure space, organize catering, and facility needs for each event
- Market and promote each event, including scheduling meetings with senior leadership and advertising on the installation(s)
- Promote attendance through implementing effective marketing strategies and sales calls
- Oversee logistics on event day including set-up/breakdown, registration, facilitation of the senior leadership tour, and all customer service needs
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding goals in relation to event attendance, event rebooking, and overall team expectations
- BS/BA degree
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Proven customer service skills
- Professional, highly motivated self-starter that is skilled at networking and relationship building
- Attention to detail, execution and follow through
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Travel is required up to 60% of the year both domestic and abroad, which will include some weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- U.S. citizenship
To Apply: Our most successful employees are action oriented with a passion for event planning and/or sales. If you thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with a team then please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Airports Council International-North America
ATTN: Human Resources
1615 L Street, NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 202-331-1362
Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered
|The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has an opening for the position of Conference and Meetings Coordinator in the Conference and Meetings Department. The coordinator functions as an essential team member supporting the department’s responsibilities for coordinating the logistical activities for multiple national and/or regional meetings convened by NACAC. Meetings range in size from 5 to 8,000 participants. The conference and meetings coordinator will work with the conference team on meeting execution to ensure that assignments are delivered on time, within budget, and at a consistent level of quality.
NACAC is an education association of more than 15,000 postsecondary and secondary schools, organizations, counselors, and college admission and financial aid officers that work with students as they make the transition from high school to postsecondary education. NACAC offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits & retirement package, and a convenient location near the Clarendon metro station in Arlington, Virginia.
|PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous conference support experience.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
TO APPLY: To apply, interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter, salary requirements, and résumé. Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Overview: The GovernmentCIO Media & Research Events Internship will focus on marketing, program development, and research centered around our monthly events and special campaign projects. Topics are related to federal information technology initiatives and impacts involving matters like artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, machine learning, natural language processing, modernization, robotic processing automation, etc. The intern will support the VP of Events & Marketing and other team members as assigned.
Responsibilities: The intern will engage in a wide variety of projects and initiatives to include:
- Supporting administrative duties–data entry, inventory, meeting minutes, project and logistical planning, scheduling, etc.
- Researching industry events, programming ideas, potential speakers, marketing channels, Q&A, and other various needs
- Contributing to stakeholder engagement by preparing surveys, social media, and additional ideas
- Writing promotional content, press releases, and emails as needed
- Maintaining and monitoring event-related content on website and other digital mediums
- Making calls and responding to sponsors, vendors and/or event attendees
- Serving as deputy at events and ensuring support team roles are executed; assist with setup and tear down
- Analyzing program feedback, engagement tools, and lessons learned
- Performing other duties and special campaign projects as assigned
- Current undergraduate or graduate student interested in event planning/management and marketing
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for events and transforming government IT
- Must be detail-oriented; possess strong logistical and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask with autonomy
- Ability to independently conduct research
- Creative problem solver in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Knowledge of or familiarity with Google Analytics, Salesforce, MailChimp, and SurveyMonkey (or similar platforms) is helpful
Schedule: 30 hours per week; length of commitment is negotiable. One late evening and early morning availability required (prior to each monthly event).
To Apply: Visit this website. Please send resume and cover letter indicating availability dates.
Job Type: Internship – For someone who is just entering the workforce or has completed at least two years of course work in event planning, hospitality, and/or marketing and wants to learn more on the job.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all speaker-oriented events, including talks with authors on book tours, panel discussions, and timely conversations—ranging in size from 75 – 800 attendees—with an eye to the finest of details.
- Responsible for capturing and meticulously planning for a high volume of advance logistics for multiple events simultaneously, as well as day-to-day administrative tasks.
o Pre-event logistics: Coordination with internal and external stakeholders; liaise with vendors, talent management, and respond to all customer inquiries; manage event ticketing and create will-call check-in lists; place catering and supply orders; plan for space and audio/visual needs; map out staffing and security needs for events; draft event announcements; plan for reserved seating needs.
o Day-of event management: Responsible for the readiness of event, bar, and will-call spaces, and event signage; brief volunteers and event staff; manage will-call/sales during events and orchestrate moving parts of event operations from beginning to end; facilitate book signings; provide superior customer service.
o Post-event follow-up: Submit invoices for processing; complete event budgets; return shipments of books; review event evaluations and prepare recommendations for improving processes/experiences; track event performance history.
- Administrative duties and staff other events as assigned.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-pressure event planning or project management capacity.
- Meticulous and thorough, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Hard-working, self-motivated, efficient, collaborative, and flexible approach to work.
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically to achieve objectives.
- Willingness to accept new and varying assignments.
- Ability to use considerable judgment and troubleshoot on your feet.
- Accepts constructive feedback willingly.
- Affinity for working collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to stand for several hours.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3 years of professional post-college work experience, ideally in an event planning, executive assistant, or project management capacity.
Sixth & I is an equal employment opportunity employer. Benefits: Competitive benefits package
online and offline marketing campaigns to drive demands for an innovative product in the fast evolving space of cloud security. This role will report to DivvyCloud’s Director of Field and Events Marketing. The tradeshow and event production coordinator position supports the planning, execution, and oversight of marketing events all over the US – including tradeshows, roadshows, thought leadership seminars, customer advocacy and partner engagements events – in alignment with overall marketing and sales strategies. This position is responsible for collaborating with various
cross-functional areas and external partners to execute an effective events and field marketing program. Responsibilities include the planning and coordination of event logistics, tradeshow booth production, vendor negotiation and management, and staff travel. The ideal candidate is an extremely organized and motivated self-starter with a track record of producing high-touch, high profile events. Position requires up to 60% travel during busy 2-3 month “tradeshow season.” Coordinator must be present at the event venue from the first day of set up until the last day of tear down.
Event Production Coordination – Coordinate and execute multiple events across the US of varying sizes at any one time. Assume top-to-bottom ownership of show planning, logistics and operations while executing a fast-paced trade show schedule. Ensure all details are completed accurately, on time and within budget, including:
● Production timelines for booth selection, build, and management: maintain operational timelines for cross-functional stakeholders, internal contributor, and outside vendors to ensure the timely completion of deliverables for all aspects of each event, including, but not limited to all ERC (exhibitor resource centers) deliverables:
○ Booth selection
○ Electricity, internet, AV
○ Furniture/carpet rental
○ Lead retrieval services
○ Marketing asset – collateral, graphics, swags – submission, production, and
○ Ship, track, and document all event related equipment and supplies – including
booth structure, supplies, signage, demo stations, literature, giveaways, swag,
○ Maintain documentation and coordinate with booth vendor/show services and
sales engineers to ensure the proper and timely installation and operations of
● Event staffing and travel: to minimize late or last minute booking/cancellation fees,
ensure prompt completion of staff selection (in coordination with CRO and director of
event marketing), registration, booking and confirmation of hotel block/reservation, and billing
● Pre-show communications and booth training with booth staff.
● Onsite management of all aspects of single-day tradeshows, including booth setup and dismantle, in booth interactivity, visitor engagement and giveaways, lead scanning and qualification, on-site meetings/meeting spaces, staff management, and post show
● Vendor management: negotiate contracts and manage relationships with event vendors
– including exhibit management, show services, sponsorship sales, hotels, venues,
caterers, etc. – to maximize collaboration, closely monitor expenses, and control
inventory and condition of equipment.
Marketing Asset Production Management: Coordinate development of marketing assets to support Trade Show objectives and messaging
● Communicate within three days of ERC (Exhibitor Resource Center) access of all
marketing content needs – booth graphics, event signage videos, printed collateral,
landing pages, etc, – submission and production deadlines to appropriate team
● Ensure timely submission of marketing assets via the ERC for approval.
● Work cross functionally to identify marketing and communication opportunities and
ensure timely development of content
● Manage inventory of swags to ensure availability
● Participate in marketing brainstorms to contribute to messaging and campaign ideation, ensuring overlap with upcoming events
● Coordinate pre/post event email marketing outreach/event campaign
Post Event Reporting and Follow Up
● Ensure the prompt delivery of events leads to marketing operations and coordinate
follow-up post show follow-up activities and reporting of show lead pipeline progress.
● Produce post-event debrief document: gather feedback and provide reporting on each event and make recommendations for enhancement.
● Coordinate in the development of event plans budgets consistent with marketing
● Track and manage budget for all expenses for each event for complete financial
● Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements
● Support to marketing department/organization handling initiatives outside of “trade
shows” when requested
Required aptitude, skills and knowledge
● Intellectually curious self starter, eager and motivated to grow professionally
● Detailed oriented: you dot every “i” and cross every “t” in the most efficient, cost effective way possible
● Extremely organized and able to move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion. Able to quickly shift project priorities as event criteria fluctuates.
● Prefers to work independently with minimal instruction and direct supervision.
● Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage chaos: proactively anticipate the
unexpected, think on your feet, and solve problems on a largely self-directed basis.
● Proven ability to remain calm and organized under pressure.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: can effectively communicate
issues/problems that impact production timelines, event budget, and ROI.
● Demand excellence of themselves and others
● Demonstrated ability to track budget and produce financial reports.
● 3 years of experience planning and executing end-to-end production and logistics of
high-touch, high profile events.
● Enjoy talking to strangers whenever and wherever
● Must be able to travel, over-night, up to 60% during “event season” that typically last 2-3 months at a time.
● Track record of successfully planning, managing, and executing logistics for multiple
tradeshows at a time.
● Experience using Trello, Slack, and GSuite
● Familiarity with Marketo and Salesforce
● Experience managing logistics and production deadlines using the online Exhibitor
● Sense of humor
1. Apply via the DivvyCloud Career website,
https://divvycloud.com/company/career-opportunities/ or email Charlene Nee firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2. For best consideration, please include a cover letter and reference where you saw the job posting.
Job Summary: Interel, a global public affairs and association management consultancy, is seeking a highly motivated Association Administrator to provide administrative and membership support to Women in Government Relations (WGR), a locally based non-partisan professional society providing professional development, education, mentoring and leadership opportunities for women in government relations and public policy. Founded in 1975, WGR has over 1200 members and hosts over 200 events a year. This is a great opportunity to make contacts in Washington, find support through a powerful network of women and learn about the many components of managing a local non-profit organization.The Association Administrator will provide support services to the Executive Director and Director of Membership & Events, including administrative support for membership and events as well as database, and financial processing. Candidate should be an independent self-starter with attention to detail who excels in fast a paced work environment. Customer service skills a must. Please send resumes to email@example.com (reference WGR). EOE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of all WGR member categories including membership options, enrollment, events and programs, and member benefits.
- Drive monthly membership dues renewal process including production and distribution of new member welcome information.
- Provide email and telephone support to individuals with questions regarding membership; including enrollment, member benefits, and payments.
- Perform monthly standard and reports from database (Your Membership).
- Compose, schedule, and distribute daily communications through association emailing software (Informz).
- Perform daily A/R tasks such as collecting, processing, and recording payments in batches for all membership revenue managed through the AMS.
- Support events including managing registration lists, preparing event materials and attending as needed.
- Update website and manage members online Community
- Maintain accurate organization and individual data in WGR’s AMS including assisting customers with account questions regarding access to member-only web content, account creation, resolve duplicate or tangled account issues, reset passwords.
- Comply with the Interel’s client/customer service and responsiveness standards.
- Willingness to learn and implement association management best practices in the areas of finance, budgeting, contracts, and volunteer management.
- Other duties as appropriate and assigned by the ED.
- Some evening event commitments required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office based programs
- Familiarity with database programs or database program logic
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good organizational sense; works well with deadlines and competing priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
- Proven customer service skills
- Experience with AMS software, specifically Your Membership, a plus
- Assistant F&B Manager
- Housekeeping Coordinator
- Catering Sales Manager
- Director of Banquets
- Reservations Manager
- Guest Services Agent
- Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Assistant Front Office Manager
The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on today’s big challenges – and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our home town and the majority of our staff located in Washington, DC, our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our philanthropic mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution’s reputation.
Department Overview: The Workplace Services (WPS) Department manages Pew’s integrated facilities management portfolio, a state-of-the-art Conference Center, event and the organizations enterprise wide organizational continuity management program. The department consists of the following core functions:
- Conference and Event Services (CES)
- Integrated Facilities Management (IFM)
- Organizational Continuity Management (OCM)
Event Management: The Event Management team brings together the right mix of external vendors and staff to lead the meeting areas from first inquiry through delivery of all services required for the day-to-day operation of the event, including finalization of all billing to internal and external guests. The event management staff, a highly guest service oriented team, develops internal and external policies and procedures concerning event management requiring group rooms and also effectively plans all of the logistics of the meeting including room setup, audio visual, transportation, housing and food and beverage and any other needs.
Position Overview: The Senior Associate, conference center and event services position reports to the Senior Manager, Conference and Event Services located in Washington, DC. The Senior Associate is responsible with the Event team, for managing logistics for all meetings, conferences, and convening’s hosted by Pew throughout the world. This position is responsible for leading all logistical needs including organizing food and beverage, audio visual, transportation, registration pages, signage, room setups, and all other needs This position is also the primary contact for all vendors, attendees or any third-party company directly involved in the management of the event. To be successful, this individual must be customer-focused and able to navigate in a complex internal structure work with multiple levels of management, possess excellent organization and communication skills; have demonstrated experience and success in event management; budget management, knowledge of online event management software, specifically Cvent, experience managing people in an indirect reporting relationship; provide training/coaching to staff; be guest service oriented; and work well in a team environment.
- Direct the planning and execution of The Pew Charitable Trusts’ events, meetings and conferences that require meeting space and/or group room nights in Washington, DC, throughout the U.S and internationally.
- Arrange and ensure that all logistical details including locating sites, organizing food and beverage, handouts, travel, housing, and meeting space for all events, meetings, and conferences are run effectively.
- Schedule pre-convention meetings with hotel staff before each event to discuss menus, room setup and A/V and any other needs.
- Determine menus, room setup, A/V, for all events.
- Work directly with the travel management companies to set up flights for events, manage the billing and provide approval on flights that are over the approved amounts.
- Respond to questions from organizers and attendees in less than 24 hours for each event.
- Research sites and submit request for proposals to venues in order to determine the best available site for each event.
- Serve as primary liaison for all meeting-related vendors.
- Negotiate contracts focused on event management. Coordinate with legal to ensure all contracts meet Pew’s process requirements and standards.
- Work with programmatic staff to ensure contracts for the travel management company are submitted and paid in a timely manner.
- Utilizing Pew’s registration software, Cvent, demonstrate proficiency and ability to create registration pages, invitations and all communication to attendees for all events through the online event management software system.
- Develop and manage meeting and event related budgets through all phases of event planning.
- Review all invoices and billing and ensure processing for payments for every event.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with staff (internal clients) to seamlessly coordinate program content with event logistics.
- Help to identify and train staff to assist with onsite event management.
- Coordinate with internal clients to confirm and inform legal affairs and government relations of federal or state employees in attendance at Pew events.
- Collaborate with the senior manager to identify relevant professional development opportunities and stay up to date on event planning trends and best practices.
- Manage other duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of four years of event planning experience required.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating meetings and complex travel arrangements.
- Experience managing contracts and vendors preferred. Strong negotiation skills in order to receive the best rates on vendor contracts for events.
- Responsiveness to requests and commitment to providing high quality service. Maintains a customer service demeanor at all times.
- Experience with Cvent registration software is required. Cvent certification preferred.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) accreditation preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to manage the details of several events at different stages simultaneously and a strong capacity to track details is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading) and the ability to express oneself concisely and clearly using correct grammar.
- Attention to detail, conscientious, proactive and ability to anticipate needs. Monitors and double-checks work and information for accuracy and quality.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently to meet goals. Self-directed to take action and resolve issues.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive matters and a wide variety of people as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner. Makes decisions or choices wisely, after adequately contemplating various courses of action and their potential repercussions.
- Ability to understand organizational structure and work through administrative systems and processes. Asks appropriate questions to facilitate work being completed.
- Knowledge of SalesForce is preferred.
- Basic HTML knowledge.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of office and word processing software (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is preferred. Ability to create simple charts, graphs, flow charts, spreadsheets and other figures.
Travel: Regular overnight travel anticipated for meetings and conferences.
Total Rewards: We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes all logistics for assigned conferences, meetings and events.
- Responsible for all meeting logistics including site selection, hotel negotiation and contracting, food & beverage selection, audio/visual, attendee and exhibitor registration set-up, award management, venue coordination, speaker logistics, on-site management, post-conference financial reporting, post-show reports, and other logistic actions required to produce a successful event.
- Fulfillment of sponsorships, in coordination with the Director, Exhibits & Sponsorships for smaller meetings.
- Prepare agendas, brochure preparation, and event marketing to include mass email/mail functions.
- Responsible for event website development, management and maintenance.
- Performs site visits as required.
- Pre-event responsibilities for assigned events include: producing attendance data, name badges, rosters, and financial reports; and coordinating follow-up with vendors, hotels, speakers, exhibitors, Committees and client point of contact on logistics.
- Coordinates, develops, produces, and distributes event marketing materials to include meeting brochures/agendas.
- Performs financial duties which include; development of detailed budgets for assigned meetings, monitoring budget execution, participating in budget reviews as required, processing refunds, and performing other administrative financial post-conference actions.
- Other duties to include additional general support and coordinating functions as required by the assigned Director, demonstrating and promoting teamwork and cooperation within and across teams, and across NECA and its chapters and further demonstrating respect and professional courtesy to other NECA staff members.
- Mentor and assist Meeting Coordinator.
- Perform additional supervisory and administrative requirements as directed by Executive Director of Convention Exposition.
- Participate in industry events as assigned.
- Use NECA’s meetings history to develop strategy for NECA small meetings.
- Internal Relationships: Reports to assigned Director, Meetings. Maintains close and frequent contact with the Meetings & Convention Team, Marketing and Education, and other NECA teams.
- External Relations: Has extensive contact with vendors, hotels, speakers, sponsors, members, chapters, Committees, and other providing services for assigned meetings.
- 5-7 plus experience in the industry
- Travel as required
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team is key
- Proficient in Excel and Office
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to function both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Capable of setting priorities when multiple demands are present
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- DMC experience a plus
- Knowledge of associations is a plus
NECA * 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 1100 * Bethesda, MD 20814. NECA is the voice of the $160 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light, and communication technology to buildings and communities across the U.S. NECA contractors help customers achieve their goals for energy conservation, efficiency and renewable power. NECA’s national office and 119 local chapters advance the industry through advocacy, education, research and standards development. For more information, visit www.necanet.org.
downtown that confirms Washington as the premier business and entertainment destination in the region and contributes to the perception that downtown Washington is a world-class destination. In addition to its focus of maintaining an environment that is clean, safe and welcoming, the BID regularly initiates capital improvements to create attractive and unique urban spaces throughout the
Golden Triangle neighborhood. The BID has taken the lead on developing and implementing permanent public art projects, converting hardscapes to bio-retention areas, improving parks through design, and transforming the Connecticut Avenue streetscape from K Street to Dupont Circle. The numerous public events held by the Golden Triangle BID are a critical part of the BID’s strategy to create a sense of place and support an unparalleled experience for workers, residents, and tourists.
The day-to-day management is overseen by a full-time staff headquartered in the center of the BID. The BID is a non-profit 501(c)(6) corporation that elects a Board of Directors to govern its activities and is currently one of eleven Washington-based Business Improvement Districts.
entertainment venues, cultural institutions, government agencies and others. Incumbent will spend a majority of time outside during event season.
- Prepare event plans, budgets, schedules, task assignments, and equipment lists. Secure permits and ensure critical deadlines, budgetary guidelines, and quality standards are met.
- Direct the onsite activities of temporary staff, volunteers, photographers and other contractors.
- Develop public event concepts/activities and work with partners such as entertainment venues, cultural institutions, government agencies and others.
- Research venues and catering options, coordinate administrative materials, and acquire equipment and supplies, including audiovisual, security, and catering needs for events. Draft Request for Proposals and Estimates. Negotiate agreements with contractors to ensure the lowest cost and highest quality of services.
- Identify, train, schedule, and oversee part time seasonal workers during event season
- Analyze event performance and prepare post-event reports for distribution to sponsors, partners, board members, and participants.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of event logistics and planning experience.
- Will be expected to work outdoors during community events, including some evenings.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple
- Experience hiring and managing seasonal staff or onsite event staff is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and exhibited confidence when interacting with high-profile constituents.
- Experience in managing contracts and/or outside vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
The American Society of Hematology (ASH), a Washington, DC-based association of physicians and scientists committed to promoting blood disease research and education, seeks a Meetings Manager to work collaboratively with staff across the organization, members, and an array of meetings and events vendors to lead strategy development and ensure the effective execution of meeting logistics for a broad portfolio of ASH meetings and events including aspects of the annual meeting. This position works with travel agencies to coordinate travel, works with ASH members and staff to ensure the timely reconciliation of expense reports, and reviews and recommends adjustments to internal processes to ensure efficiency and effective execution.
The Meetings Manager also helps to ensure the effective execution of small external meetings in conjunction with outsourced meeting resources. This includes a wide range of services for meetings, including negotiating vendor contracts and fulfillment, Audio Visual requirements, food and beverage requests, conference room set-ups, coordinating catering requests, coordinating housing requests and rooming lists, VIP travel, managing budgets, and maintaining a positive relationship with all relevant internal departments and subcontractors necessary to successfully execute events according to the established standards. The Meetings Manager takes a leadership role in the development of the department’s annual budget. This position reports to the Chief Event Strategy Officer.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience independently planning and coordinating logistics for in-house meetings. Ability to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates must have excellent organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail, and a proven high level of commitment to effective customer service. Prior experience working in a medical society is preferred.
ASH has a collegial, high-energy, and results-driven work environment. The Society staff take pride in effective time and resource management. Collaboration, education, innovation, and excellence are highly valued. ASH seeks candidates who have demonstrated these values in their day-to-day work experience.
The Society’s headquarters is within walking distance of several Metro stations on the Blue/Orange/Silver and Red lines.
Position Summary: The Executive Meetings Manager is responsible for developing business for the Washington, DC metropolitan area as a convention destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
1. Generate bookings for meetings and conventions according to the priorities outlined in the marketing plan or more specifically meet certain seasonal and market segment factors.
2. Identify, research and prospect target accounts to uncover additional business opportunities for the city.
3. Coordinate and participate in promotional events and industry trade shows with a goal towards developing Washington, DC business interests.
4. Produce sales leads for destination’s hotel partners.
5. Follow-up on lead sources via inquiry, trade shows and trade publications.
6. Facilitate Washington Convention Center event proposals.
7. Execute and oversee client site inspections.
8. Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions as assigned.
9. Maintain thorough product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels, and services.
10. Maintain awareness of industry trends and competing cities through trade publications, industry events, and travel.
11. Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
12. Execute all other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Sales, Director of Sales, and Vice President of Convention Sales & Services.
Experience, Competencies & Education
1. One – two (1-2) years sales or hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
2. Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
3. Ability to read, analyzes, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
7. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
8. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Tourism and Visitor Services Manager is responsible for managing all operations and personnel associated with visitor services/information outlet(s) required by Destination DC to reach its goals and fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for Washington, DC. This role also supports overall sales efforts of the Tourism and Sports departments from a services perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
Visitor Services Management:
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions, hotels, restaurants, tour companies, museums and other services available in the area to visitors; acts as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
- Supervises the dissemination of prompt and courteous visitor information to potential visitors through all inquiries to include: mail, email, walk-in, chatbot and telephone requests.
- Directs day-to-day operations of the visitor service department to include:
- Recruiting, training and supervising of all visitor service and contract call center staff
- Fulfillment of daily staffing needs for front desk and visitor service department
- Call monitoring i.e. average speed of answer, average time of abandonment, proper responses, etc.
- Oversight of chatbot execution i.e. question engagement, fluid transition to live personnel, functionality, etc.
- Primary contact for the Executive Office of the Mayor (EOM), DC Chamber of Commerce, local tourism venues and regional visitor centers on all requests and inquiries
- Liaison/manage special promotions/events related to distribution of information on Washington, DC.
- Financially responsible for all VS invoices, deposits of payments from merchandise/brochure sales and management of budget.
- Presentations to local venues, organizations and visitor centers.
- Maintain consistent and strong relationship with concierge association, top distribution outlets and other customers related to visitor services.
- Responsible for creating/analyzing (daily, weekly, monthly) reports related to brochure distribution, visitor database, phone-call monitoring.
- Ensures the fulfillment center, Walter E. Washington Convention Center and Destination DC office is well maintained and stocked with brochures, informational materials and is provided with continuous communication on promotions and other important events that will affect the pattern of distribution.
- Executes and manages a strategic plan for both, in-market and out-market customers, to ensure maximum exposure and distribution through tasks outlined in the department’s marketing plan and budget as directed by VP of Tourism.
- Implements a cohesive working relationship with all Destination DC departments to include, but not limited to: special projects, brochure distribution for meetings, convention and tourism requests, special database requests and special promotional effort.
- Acts as the primary information resource/liaison between Destination DC and the dedicated online booking engines. Serves as primary liaison between Miles Media and Destination DC to ensure consistent distribution for all brochures and special publications.
- Acts as primary liaison to Senoda to ensure proper distribution and timely payment.
- Manage and update all phone systems.
- Manage all UPS accounts and invoicing for Destination DC.
- All other duties as assigned by VP of Tourism.
Tourism Services Management:
- Develop and implement a webinar training program for AAA offices and other tour and travel companies based on need.
- Attend tourism tradeshows as needed.
- Assist in staffing of Familiarization Tours as needed.
- Handle informational requests from tour operators and tradeshow follow-up.
- All other duties as assigned by VP of Tourism.
Experience, Competencies & Education
- Strong customer service skills and excellent telephone manner.
- Four-year degree from accredited college in hospitality, business administration, or communications.
- Proficiency in a second language preferred but not mandatory.
- Effective oral, written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Keen knowledge of the Washington Metro area and its environs.
- Proficient with Microsoft systems.
Conference Planning Intern (Part-Time to Full-Time) will Assist with:
– Filing and cross checking of conference materials (name badges, registration lists)
– Answering telephones, making copies, sending faxes
– General administrative tasks
– Organize volunteers for onsite during conference.
– Provide onsite support at various events, i.e., Physics Team, New Faculty Workshop, etc.
– Candidates should be current sophomores, juniors or seniors at a university or college
– Demonstrated interest in event planning
– Have a creative eye for attention to details
– Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
– Effective written and oral communication skills
– Ability to follow directions, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure
– Efficient organization and time management abilities
– Positive attitude, self motivated, energetic and is a willing learner
– Knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Word on a Windows PC, and technology literate
– Professional appearance and demeanor
– This is a paid internship and the Intern will be required to work a minimum of 30-40 hours a week for 10-12 weeks through August . Must be flexible with hours to work and willing to travel out of state from July 17 – 24, 2019 and locally
NBAA is seeking a Manager, Meetings to provide logistics planning, expense oversight, vendor management and on-site implementation for NBAA’s conferences and seminars, which provide business aviation professionals an opportunity to access leading education and development, peer-to-peer learning, industry updates and marketplace exchange.
NBAA is a nonprofit trade association serving a dynamic and growing industry. From our headquarters in downtown Washington, DC, staff members deliver top-notch customer service to our members across the world. NBAA offers generous benefits and a collegial work environment in the heart of the nation’s capital.
NBAA seeks candidates who have excellent interpersonal communication skills, superior capacity to work under time and budget constraints, and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of internal and external customers, including hotels, convention centers, service providers, sponsors and other event vendors.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and three years’ experience managing professional development meetings is required. Preferred candidates will have professional work experience with a high level of member/volunteer interaction, Certified Meeting Professional credential, and experience working in an association environment
NBAA is looking for a highly organized individual who can effectively manage the association’s conferences and seminars, from planning stages through on-site implementation, to ensure a world-class experience for our attendees. If that sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume via online. NBAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Highest personal standards
- Highest ethical standards
- Highest work ethic
- Loyalty and dedication to work
- Team player
- Customer Service Oriented
- Minimum of 1-2 years of college
- Taken at least 1-2 hospitality-related courses
- Be detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Have excellent writing skills and Microsoft Office experience
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Meetings Management
- Full understanding of Association Management Companies and how they operate and help associations
- Understanding of the goals and objectives of the meetings before setting up a meeting by creating a resume and function sheets with setup, AV and food and beverage requirements
- Learn the registration process
- Learn how to analyze registrations and room pickup reports and how they affect the marketing strategies
- Understand the ROI of a meeting
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Grace L. Jan, CAE, CMP | Senior Vice President, Meetings Management | MSP 1300 Piccard Drive, Suite LL 14, Rockville, MD 20850 | GJAN@msp-amc.com
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We constantly are striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our members. If you have a growth mindset and enjoy challenging work, you probably are a great fit for our team!
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience planning meetings, conferences, working in hotels or convention centers; prior experience in association conferences and events is a plus.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time, including weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and solid organizational skills – the ability to balance a number of competing interests in a pressure-filled context and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Strong team player, who knows how to work within the team.
- A familiarity with the credit union community and the responsibilities of its officials and staff is a plus.
If you push yourself and your colleagues to be better, and are committed to helping us make NAFCU the best trade association in Washington, D.C., we would love to hear from you. To apply, email your resume with (1) a cover letter, and (2) salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Visit our employment page for all our current openings.
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
The Sales Manager will identify, qualify and close business opportunities from all markets for the Company’s product and services. Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales and revenue. Identify and implement objectives, strategies and action plans to identify and close short and long-term sales opportunities. The Sales Manager will work in partnership with the Operations team to achieve Company revenue and profit goals, objectives and delivery of customer service while maintaining long term relationships with clients, accounts and organizations.
Wow I Didn’t Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw
- Responsible for securing Trade Show / exposition sales and services tailored exclusively to the trade show and event industry.
- Represents GES to Show Management, Association, Executives, Exhibitors and Convention Managers.
- Develop relationships with Convention Bureau Staff, Hotels and Conference Centers and subcontractors to generate leads and position GES as a trusted partner.
- Prospects for new business by developing targeted solicitation plans for key accounts including any and all potential meeting venues, hotels associations and corporations with trade show events.
- Individually identifies opportunities for cross-selling with other GES lines of business, such as audio-visual and event accommodations.
- Works with GES Account Managers and Sales Managers to coordinate with others within GES for all Phases of pre-show, on site and post show project management.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow up activities within the Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with clients to ensure their needs/expectations are consistently met or exceeded on schedule.
- Creates and conducts GES Capabilities presentations.
- Prepares RFP responses.
- Develops creative proposals and presentation materials including, floor plans, rate sheets, artistic renderings, etc. for presentation to current and potential clients.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts to secure new business and retain existing business.
- Proactively provides information to clients to assist in securing future business.
- Attend, participate and maintain, memberships in local and national industry events and organizations to provide maximum exposure for the Company; and meet face to face with clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Tradeshow Industry and our competitors.
- Develops revenue summaries of new GES tradeshows and communicates forecast with GES finance team.
- Assist and fills in for Account Manager when necessary.
- Transitions new employees to the GES culture and workforce.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes (CORE Values).
- Account size and revenue volume
- Individual Volume – Normally $500 thousand or more
- Sells to smaller accounts ($500 thousand or less)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Business Administration, related field or comparable experience
- Three (3+) years consultative Sales/Production experience in the Convention Services Industry preferred
- Exhibition Industry experience a plus
- Experience developing targeted solicitation plans to secure key accounts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dynamic, consultative and influential sales communications style
- Results oriented individual with proven sales success
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing short-term and long term vision and strategy to achieve targeted sales objectives in a fast paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Professional attire-Business professional and Business Casual
- Ability to negotiate sales contracts
- Able to problem solve in a positive and creative manner that serves both GES and Client needs
- Ability to courageously fire ahead and self-navigate through a large company to explore and consult with many professionals to develop custom client solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and events at various stages of development
- Effective interpersonal skills. The ability to develop outstanding relationships with clients and internal team members at all levels of the company.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Moderate travel required – up to 35%
- Available to work nights, weekends, and at event locations
- Require a flexible work schedule as events occasionally run on weekends and evenings
- Work will be required in both an office and show floor setting
- Show Floor conditions can include a somewhat crowded or noisy area where there may be mild discomfort due to temperature, dust or other conditions
Benefits: Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
The Meetings Manager is responsible the overall planning, organization, development, and implementation of all logistical arrangements for FSI Events giving great attention to detail, while maintaining high standards of customer service. FSI Events include OneVoice, FSI Forum, Capitol Hill Day, State Capitol Days, webinars and any other FSI meetings as directed. These arrangements include, as appropriate: hotel rooms and meeting space allocation, food and beverage services, audio visual equipment, speaker management, council management, ancillary events, materials and services from hotel and other third-party vendors, on-site meeting management, and review and reconciliation of appropriate payments and budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, speakers, VIPs, audio visual equipment, room sets, promotional materials, etc.
- Effectively negotiate terms and conditions with event venues and partners to meet service expectations and ensure appropriate expense management.
- Management of event speakers’ logistical needs; updating program, event mobile app and website with ongoing edits and organizing speaker prep calls.
- Lead the FSI webinars by training staff and speakers on the platform, coordinating logistics and hosting live and on-demand webinars for members.
- Assist in budget development and oversee tracking and reconciliation of all event expenditures to stay within or below budget.
- Supports FSI Councils by coordinating council meetings, assisting council chairs in distributing agendas and other materials, attending council meetings, ensuring deadlines are met and otherwise participating as necessary.
- Prepare and compile routine and ad hoc status reports on event activities such as meeting statistics, attendee satisfaction surveys, metrics and pre- and post-event reports.
- Effectively collaborate with both internal and external customers, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proactively anticipate, develop and implement contingency plans, as needed onsite.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years meeting planning experience.
- Association background and Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) a plus.
- Strong time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Consistently displays a proactive, positive, customer service focus and demonstrates a dedicated sense of urgency in serving their interests.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate favorable terms and conditions with vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, compromise, manage multiple priorities and stay highly organized, influence others; work well under pressure; meet deadlines.
- Ability and versatility to work both independently as well as collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience working with database applications.
Essential Job Functions & Working Conditions: Required business travel throughout the United States (up to 10%), including work on nights and weekends as necessary.
Join the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) (www.fnih.org), one of the premier non-profit organizations in the biomedical research field. FNIH works to accelerate biomedical research by forging powerful public-private partnerships among the NIH and leading public and private sector institutions.
NATURE OF WORK: The Meetings and Events Coordinator is responsible for the flawless execution of meetings, conferences and special event logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management and post event.
S/he will manage assigned projects by using event management tools/software as well as develop and adhere to budgets, timelines, processes and procedures. S/he is responsible for internal and external relations, contributing to ongoing assessments and providing updates based on changing needs. The Coordinator works on a team on particular meetings and events under the direction of a Meetings and Events Planner, and reports directly to the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Source venues appropriate for meetings and negotiate contracts per internal guidelines. Oversee all aspects of hotel arrangements including rooming list, meeting space, food and beverage, and audio/visual equipment.
- Communicate with event related vendors regarding all preplanning needs and manage related operations onsite.
- Anticipate and resolve issues with project schedules, resources, and budgets.
- Oversee travel arrangements ensuring excellent traveler outreach, communication, data tracking, updates and compliance with established processes.
- Oversee the life cycle of meeting, conference and special event registration including creating and managing invitations, developing the registration process and communication pieces.
- Manage all meeting collateral ensuring that materials are professional and appropriately reflect the organization’s standards, thus ensuring quality control.
- Oversee and reconcile meeting, conference and special event expenditures to deliver on or below budget objectives while keeping the project leader and finance staff informed on all budget related activities.
- Assist with management of department’s inventory, credit card reconciliation process and other duties as assigned.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS: A college degree is essential, and two to four years of meeting and event planning experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Experience working in Federal government contracts is preferred.
Candidates should demonstrate their ability to:
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines; multitask and handle multiple projects efficiently simultaneously.
- Show initiative, work independently as an individual contributor with minimum supervision, yet able to work and contribute positively in a team setting.
- Analyze and solve challenges quickly and effectively.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including management, project managers, staff departments, and vendors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients while exhibiting a high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Cvent Event Management and Cvent Supplier Network software.
- Ability to adapt quickly to using new technology and software as implemented by the team.OTHER: The Meetings and Events Coordinator may be required to occasionally work weekends, evenings and other irregular hours and travel as necessary.TO APPLY: Please send an email to email@example.com with “ECLI” in the subject line. Include your cover letter and resume.
Job Summary: The Marketing and Events Intern will assist in the planning and coordination of a various AGMA events, including a fall tradeshow, monthly education courses, internal staff events, and other association meetings and events. The intern will work on projects from multiple team members, working closely with the Marketing Department on event planning, marketing, and communication tasks.
- Manage content and logistics of the Fall Technical Meeting and Motion + Power Technology Expo event mobile apps
- Assist the AGMA Marketing Department with social media marketing, marketing and public relations tasks, website support, and occasional blogging
- Assist with exhibitor, sponsor, and speaker management for the Fall Technical Meeting and Motion + Power Technology Expo
- Manage event reporting for the Fall Technical Meeting and Motion + Power Technology Expo
- Assist in event logistics planning for Education courses, Fall Technical Meeting, Motion + Power Technology Expo, AGMA Board Meeting, and other association events
- General office administrative support
- The intern must be able to multi-task, work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment, and be organized and flexible
- General understanding of the conference events industry
- Must be pursuing an internship for college credit, Events Management or Marketing degree preferred
- Previous internship or office experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Marketing or event planning experience a plus
- Knowledge of iMIS or other membership database a plus
Compensation: Intern will be compensated at $15/hour and will have at least one opportunity to attend a local industry event with registration expenses paid for by AGMA
Internship Duration and Hours: Intern is preferred to begin work in May 2019 and end in August 2019. He or she is expected to work minimum of 30 hours per week
About AGMA: AGMA is the global network for technical standards, education, and business information for manufacturers, suppliers, and users of mechanical power transmission components. Founded in 1916, AGMA is a member- and market-driven organization, conducting programs and providing services to the gear industry and its customers. The association includes about 495 of the world’s top gearing companies across more than 30 nations.
To Apply: Please submit a current resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Leah Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18900 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Triangle VA, 22172
- Assist with all aspects of event operations
- Assist with marketing of events
- Answer telephone calls, greet and/or direct potential donors
- Maintain museum calendar, track revenue and manage a variety of Excel spreadsheets
- Inform all staff of upcoming events, VIP groups and visitors
- Assist catering manager with site visits, describing venue opportunities and order of
- Process incoming mail
When: We would ideally like an intern to start May 20, 2019 and end August 4, 2019.
To apply: Contact Events Manager Meghan Lee at email@example.com.
Special Event Coordinators (SECs) support the Special Events Department with on-site management of Decatur Carriage House events, meetings, weddings and receptions. In addition, SEC’s will support the ongoing operations of the Special Events Department as necessary, including but not limited to, conducting site visits with prospective clients and attending quarterly staff meetings. This is a part time, hourly position.
• Act as primary representative of the White House Historical Association’s Special Events Department during Decatur House rental events
• Protect venue and its property by ensuring strict adherence to site policies and procedures
• Actively coordinate vendors and event staff throughout event; conduct pre- & post-event walk-through’s; oversee all event details and schedules as stated in the Event Report; troubleshoot any site-related issue that might arise
• Give tours of Decatur House
• Display professional and customer-oriented demeanor at all times while providing excellent event management and customer service, and upholding the museum’s event guidelines and procedures
• Create a positive, team-oriented atmosphere with all event vendors, event planners and clients in order to insure a successful event experience.
• Conduct site visits with prospective clients during event set-up or at other scheduled times
• Perform administrative duties and projects as designated by the Director of Special Events
- Actively enrolled student: 2-year program freshman and above, 4-year sophomore/second year and above, or graduate level attending college in: Delaware, Maryland, Pennslyvania, Virginia, West Virginia or Washington, DC.
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) overall “B” average or grade percentage of 83-86% equivalent
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, hospitality management, culinary, etc.)
- Official transcript
- Up to 3 letters of recommendation
- Student essay 500-word maximum to include: background of yourself and experience; your goals and objectives after graduation; what prompted you to choose this career; contributions you have made to your school program or to fellow students through leadership/participation; why is obtaining this scholarship important to you; if your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing
- Scholarships are open to international students
- NEWH membership is not required but is FREE to students + full time educators
- Apply online, www.newh.org (Scholarship/Chapter Scholarship Applications/Washington DC) or submit a PDF application with requirements by mail or email.
QUESTIONS or to submit application/documents:
Elle Pechiney | NEWH Washington DC Metro | Scholarship Director
12430 Park Potomac Ave. #211
- The internship can be applied for academic credits following university standards/guidelines. Internship will provide great field experience and professional networking opportunities. Contact University for eligibility.
- SmartBenefits will be provided for travel cost up to the IRS maximum
Your Role: Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Meetings and Conventions, the intern will observe and assist with various projects assigned by the Meetings Department. You will support the Meetings Team with projects, but not limited to, by:
- Assisting with the planning, coordination and execution of internal meetings
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of the 2019 Annual Convention and Legislative Summit (May 5-8, 2019) including: Scheduling, marketing, social media, website content management, registration, files, diagrams
- Assisting in 2019 Engineering Excellence Awards Gala (May 7, 2019) design concept, registration and seating
- Assisting in providing customer service to ACEC members
- Other duties as assigned
Through this internship the intern will learn the use of the CRM system for membership database management, gain experience in events and conference management, and listen to speakers and presentations on the workings of a national trade association. The position presents generous opportunities for instruction and constructive feedback on the intern’s work product. There is no guarantee of a job at the conclusion of the internship.
- Currently a college student pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Events and Meeting Management or Hospitality Management.
- Applicants who will receive college credit are preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Help design and maintain an overall brand strategy using firm resources and software.
Ability to multi-task. Some experience in event planning is helpful but not necessary. Willing to work in a fast-paced organization. Ability to work independently, as well as on teams, and take initiative within the office and all aspects of daily assignments.
Event host reports: Generates reports and manages changes for registration, table plans, and conference activities; Vendor reports: Generates reports and manages changes for hotel accommodations, ground transportation, place cards, and name badges.; Client reports: Prepares client welcome packets, invoices and reimbursements for conference registrations.; Personal integrity, initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy.; Excellent time management and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.; Willingness to travel required (domestic and some international). Strong negotiating/creative/entrepreneurial skills.; Passion for event management; Ability to develop credibility with clients; Strong communication skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships; Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and events while maintaining high quality standards; Ability to adapt style as the situation requires.
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Non-exempt, 37.5 hours/week
Reports to: Senior Director of Meetings/Chief of Staff
Date: February 11th, 2019
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides administrative and logistical support for the ASHG Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Support (85%)
• Provides general administrative assistance and logistical support for all Annual Meeting related
• Updates documents, task lists and timelines. Prepares agenda for department meetings.
• Prepares RFP letters to vendors/service providers (e.g., first aid, personnel, child care).
• Assists with the data input for various meeting-related orders and updates vendor orders using Access databases and/or Word documents/Excel spreadsheets.
• Works with meeting staff to develop and proof meeting materials such as sign orders, meetingrelated work orders, meeting specifications, BEOs, etc.
• Coordinates packing of Annual Meeting materials and orders meeting-related supplies.
• Reviews meeting-related invoices for accuracy and codes to appropriate department.
• Updates meeting surveys using Survey Monkey and other programs.
• Assists in handling inquiries for general email accounts.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with ADA needs for attendees and makes arrangements for interpreters and other services as needed.
• Schedules meetings/conference calls and prepares agendas as directed.
• Attends the Annual Meeting and provides logistical support in the ASHG meeting office and elsewhere as required.
• Assists with logistics for ancillary meeting requests.
• Provides administrative support for other activities when requested and performs other duties that may be required to assist with tasks for other departments from time to time.
• Travels to the Annual Meeting is required and other occasional travel may be necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships, including with ASHG staff and vendors
• Professional behavior and judgment within and outside the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1-3 years of meetings experience, scientific meeting experience preferred
• Sitting for a full work day, extensive use of computer keyboard, mouse and monitor
• Regular local travel to attend meetings and conferences. Long-distance multi-day travel to attend ASHG’s Annual Meeting
• Travel and other work related assignments on weekends and evenings are possible.
• Occasionally requires lifting materials of approximately 20 lbs.
• Working long hours onsite at meetings.
and research laboratories. Our staff of about 20 works to support the needs of our members and the human genetics field to advance research, policy and education. The ASHG Annual Meeting is the world’s largest scientific meeting dedicated to advancing human genetics and drew more than 9,000 attendees in 2019 and hosted more than 230 exhibiting companies.
• Performs various administrative duties including but not limited to: preparing for the meeting, proofing and editing correspondence related to the meeting; coordinating mailings; responding to routine questions and requests for information, assisting the exhibits manager on logistics and communication.
• Assists in collection and creation of materials for the meeting and other Society functions at the meeting.
• Prepares staff materials and emails for the meeting, including pre-convention packets, travel coordination, and
other administrative tasks
• Assists registrar with all general registration processes as needed.
• Helps coordinate packing and shipping of conference materials.
• Participates in department meetings with coworkers.
• Collaborates with team members to achieve learning goals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• High degree of professionalism with strong organizing skills.
• Interest in learning about hospitality, association/nonprofit management, meeting management.
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
• Knowledge of meetings and event industry helpful.
• Research and outreach to prospective donors (i.e. sponsors, companies, prominent individuals, etc.)
• Research and outreach for auction donations from hotels, restaurants, luxury brands, exclusive experiences, travel, etc.
• Work with our auction software, Greater Giving
• Assist with social media and stewardship plans
• Assist in the preparation of the Heart Ball event in February 2019
• Assist and attend other Heart Ball events
• Other special projects as assigned
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Have an interest in event planning, stewardship, communications, and/or nonprofits
• Be able to travel to our Arlington office (walking distance from the Ballston Metro)
• Be comfortable with administrative tasks, such as printing jobs, mailings and office organization
• Be detail oriented and hard working
• Research and outreach to prospective in-kind donors for event items (i.e. awards, gifts, photographers, flowers, etc.)
• Research and solicit for auction donations from hotels, restaurants, luxury brands, etc.
• Work with our auction software, Greater Giving
• Create media contact lists for the wine, food, and local media industries
• Assist in the preparation of the Heart’s Delight 4 day event in March 2019
• Assist and attend other Heart’s Delight events
• Other special projects as assigned
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Have an interest in event planning, food, wine, travel, and/or nonprofits
• Be able to travel to our Arlington office (walking distance from the Ballston Metro)
• Be comfortable with administrative tasks, such as printing jobs, mailings and office organization
• Be detail oriented and hard working
Conduct conference and trade show sales services, including, but not limited to, exhibit marketing, direct sales solicitation, exhibit database management, and exhibitor web marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
|Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
*Please note, this position is based in Orlando, FL and telecommuting will be available 1 day per week