Director of Professional Development – Council on Social Work Education, Alexandria VA
The Council on Social Work Education is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of excellence. Candidates who contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
The Director of Professional Development is responsible for strategic development and implementation of initiatives that connect CSWE members with the organization and each other, and grow their career through professional development, presentation, and service opportunities. Professional Development initiatives include online learning programming in the CSWE Learning Academy, continuing education and CE management, Annual Program Meeting programming and track engagement, and other projects through the Division of Education. The main goal of the position is to create a suite of tools and services that will support programs and individual members throughout their career.
The position will be expected to communicate regularly in writing and through meetings and presentations with social work education stakeholders, including CSWE governance groups, faculty, field directors, students, and other social work education stakeholders. The Director of Professional Development will work closely with others in the organization on the strategic planning and marketing of the CSWE Learning Academy and related products.
Responsibilities include coordination of education offerings for CSWE individual and program members including the new CSWE Learning Academy activities, managing continuing education (CE) certificate processes for education initiatives and Annual Program Meeting (APM) and other education events, supporting the development of member-driven learning communities, and assisting with grant and contract-funded projects within the Division of Education, as well as other duties and special projects assigned by the Vice President of Education as needed.
- Manage the Learning Academy programs, which entails working with staff, speakers and volunteers to develop programs including an online training, events, supporting curriculum materials, and assessment components, coordinating with the marketing manager to promote the training, setting up registration, and providing technical support throughout events
- Provide oversight of the platform and programming, including monitoring of active products, polls, and other features
- Work closely with others in the Division of Education on strategic planning and timeline for Learning Academy events
- Assist with maintaining annual Learning Academy budget and budget projections each year
- Work with platform provider to implement system improvements and updates and address problems
- Maintain CSWE’s provider approval status through the Association of Social Work Board’s Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program, including submitting materials for recertification
- Ensure that CSWE follows all requirements for offering CEs for any education offerings, including data collection, attendance-tracking, and issuance of certificates
Learning Communities and Tracks
- Work collaboratively with CSWE governance groups and track chairs in the development of learning communities for CSWE members.
- Develop and implements track chair engagement, recognition, and communication strategies
- Work with the Council on Conferences and Faculty Development in recruitment of CSWE members to serve as APM proposal reviewers; assists with selection and assignment as well.
- Identify means to recognize and promote the work of track chairs and co-chairs, proposal reviewers, and accepted presenters.
Other Education Initiatives
- Serve as staff liaison to the Commission for Membership and Professional Development and the Council on Conferences and Faculty Development
- Network with members and identify champions for programmatic engagement
- Contribute member focused items to e- newsletter and social media
- Review education content for APM to consider quality, interest to members, and strength of relationship to the APM theme
- Support other projects in the Division of Education, such as coordinating online and in-person meeting and training events, assisting with writing grant proposals, and writing reports and articles on project events and updates
- Minimum of a master’s degree, preferably in social work or education
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Promotes antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion activities.
- High level of initiative and ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understands the specific experiences of historically marginalized racial groups in the U.S., particularly Black, Indigenous and Latinx groups.
- Experience setting up and running Web-based meetings and online programs through a learning management system
- Experience with certification or continuing education programs desirable.
- Prefer 4-5 years of experience, preferably in a nonprofit or social services environment
- Prefer experience in website maintenance and HTML
- The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
- CSWE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 403b retirement contributions, and more.
- This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to use a computer, telephone, and standard office equipment; move up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel within the United States may be necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume – Council on Social Work Education Director of Professional Development | SmartRecruiters
Meeting, Sales and Sponsorship Coordinator – The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), Alexandria VA
The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is a national association of social work education programs and individuals that ensures and enhances the quality of social work education for a professional practice that promotes individual, family, and community well-being, and social and economic justice. CSWE pursues this mission by setting and maintaining national accreditation standards for baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in social work, by promoting faculty development, and by advocating for social work education and research.
Exhibits, Sponsorships and Advertising
• Develop, sell, manage and execute APM exhibit booths, sponsorships and advertising.
• Play an active role in obtaining exhibitor industry prospects while qualifying exhibitor sales leads for updates to our exhibitor contacts database while emphasizing exhibitor retention best practices
• Prospecting of new sponsors and advertising sales.
• Design exhibit floor plan layout to maximize booth sales
• Manage exhibit sales, booth assignments, floor plan changes, customer service issues, payment processes and policies and exhibit space allocation
• Manage the exhibit sales prospect list, first right of refusals, development selection process for exhibitions including fostering current relationships and seeking prospective parties
• Create sponsorship value while maintaining sponsorship effectiveness to costs.
• Manage all aspects of sponsorship sales, fulfillment, execution and satisfaction/evaluations. coordinate with internal divisions/departments and external partners for effective execution
• Service kit development and approval
• Field all questions from Exhibitors regarding sales, marketing, services, and logistics
• Responsible for collection of graphics, photos, logos structure designs, sponsorship branding locations, signage placement
• Liaison between exhibit hall logistics vendor and exhibitors
• Initiate, develop, and execute onsite re-signing process for the next years’ APM
• Add new revenue streams by way of new sponsorships
• Oversee GSC to include setup and tear down of hall
• Responsible for the exhibitor move-in and registration
• Manage onsite sales re-signing process for exhibits, sponsorships, and advertising
• Liaison between exhibitors and GSC
• Oversee various vendors that work with our exhibitors/sponsors on the event floor
• Oversee GSC to confirm placement of all branding, signage, and sponsorship locations
• Serve as a backup for Director, Meetings and Events
• Work with Logistics Coordinator as needed
• Exhibitor registration website development, testing, reporting, assignment of booth passcodes
• Liaison between registration company, online database vendors and organization
• Manage and oversee web site development for exhibits and sponsorships for all APM event exhibits and sponsorships.
• Create content and oversee website updates for sales, marketing, and advertising as it relates to APM and other CSWE events
• Collaborate and execute mobile app with all areas related to exhibitor information, floorplan, and general information
• Manage all aspects of invoicing for APM and CSWE events as it relates to sales, sponsorships, and advertising
• Manage all aspects of collections for APM and CSWE events as it relates to sales, sponsorships, and advertising
• Create content and provide sponsors for APM countdown email including cross promotion with CSWE departments
• Create and execute informational communications with our exhibitors as it relates to APM or CSWE Events
• Design, copyedited and coordinate design of graphic elements, fact sheets, infographics, promotional products, logos for all signage, charging station structures, digital and social media advertising and print advertising
• Create year-round deadlines for all facets of sales, exhibitor marketing, and sponsorships for APM and other conferences held by CSWE
• Work with Director, Meetings & Events to employ and contract temporary help as needed
• Solve contractual and logistical issues that arise with our customers for our events
• Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience, preferably in a national membership association
• 5+ years in association sales and operations
• Demonstrated experience in identifying value creation opportunities and executing on a plan to ensure the value is capitalized on
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in building relationships with internal and external customers
• Ability to work collaboratively with all CSWE departments and outside vendors
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner and excel in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in all components of Microsoft Office 365, Informz, Adobe, Freeman passport signage database, MapYourshow, Cadmium, Core-Apps, and CMR
- The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
- CSWE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 403b retirement contributions, and more.
- May be required to use a computer screen for extended periods of time
- This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting.
- The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to lift up to 25 lbs., bend, stoop, and carry articles used in program activities. Position requires the ability to speak audibly; listen actively; and use computers, telephones, and other office equipment.
- Periodic out-of-town travel is required.
- Attendance at and/or support of meetings and events outside of normal working hours and may include evenings and/or weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume or CV by clicking the “I’m Interested” button on the job posting.
Conference Education Manager – International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), Alexandria VA (posted 8/3/2022)
Closing Date: September 2, 2022
Cover Letter Required: Yes
Work Environment: Hybrid (3-day HQ office and 2-day remote)
Are you looking to make a difference? When you work for the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), you don’t just make a living, you make a difference by shaping the future of the policing profession. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely. The IACP is the world’s largest and most influential professional association for police leaders. With more than 31,000 members in over 165 countries, the IACP is a recognized global leader in policing and is dedicated to enhancing the policing profession through new programmatic initiatives, advocacy, and excellent member services. As a leadership association, the IACP starts with our members’ needs. We think strategically and assess constantly; cultivate good judgment and drive change.
Your role as a Conference Education Manager will help meet the above goals in a dynamic, thoughtful, and progressive environment.
Each year the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) holds multiple meetings and events including an Annual Conference and Exposition with over 15,000 attendees. The Conference Education and Marketing Manager will be responsible for program development, speaker management, attendee acquisitions, and operational support for the annual conference and exposition as well as supervision of one employee and may manage contracts and contract employees from time-to-time.
Annual Conference Program Development and Speaker Management
- Manage all aspects of the Call for Presentations which includes development of the submission website, submission guidelines, and abstract system (currently Cadmium)
- Manage external and internal review process, presenter acceptance and notifications, reports, timelines, and responsive support to all individuals submitting abstracts
- Maintain communications with the external and internal Track and Section liaisons to ensure workshop and meeting planning, publicity, and logistical needs are met
- Assign space for workshop and meeting rooms for annual conference and manage and prepare work orders to include room sets, audio-visual equipment, and utilities
- Collaborate with IACP staff on the design and logistics for show management areas
- Assist in the planning of annual banquet to include seating, ticket sales, entertainment
- Manage the workshop certificate process
Annual Conference Marketing
- Maintain and improve the IACP and conference brand is consistently represented throughout all touch points
- Liaise and collaborate with internal staff and external marketing firm to provide specific annual conference related information to include print, digital, e-mail, and social media campaigns
- Develop and manage the production of the printed conference program
- Manage the mobile app for the annual conference
- Maintain the attendee portion of the conference website
- Develop speaker resources for the annual conference speakers
Mid-Size Meeting Oversight
- Manages Meetings Coordinator in their responsibilities which includes but is not limited logistical details of three annually occurring midsize meetings (300-1,000 attendees) such as contract negotiations, speaker management, housing block management, food and beverage, meeting room set-up audio visual, transportation, special events, on-site management, billing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and four (4) + years of job-related experience in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and three (3) + years of job related experience in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other relevant business software such as Cadmium, Core-apps, Informz, Nimble, & Social Tables strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with membership organizations such as PCMA, MPI, and IAEE are preferred
- Experience with hybrid meetings a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid analytical skills to include ability to troubleshoot problems from multiple perspectives
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills
- Solid writing, editing, and communication skills
- Effective collaboration and teamwork skills
- Experience with, and ability to manage elements of several projects at the same time
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill in managing staff and projects
- Ability to create and manage a budget, accounting for and preserving project resources
Special Conditions and Work Environment:
- Approximately 15% travel throughout the year will be required based on job responsibilities
- This position is located at IACP HQ in Alexandria, VA
- Hybrid work environment (3-day in-office and 2-day remote)
- Light lifting, bending, and reaching may be required
Highlights of Employee Benefits:
- Medical HMO: Free for Employee and Family (Local Employees)
- Vision: Free for Employee
- Dental: Offered at a reasonable rate for Employee and Family
- 403B: IACP Match – up to 6% – after one year of employment
All interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history. Applicants should indicate in the cover letter which position, or positions interest them and outline their relevant qualifications. The IACP may consider applicants for positions other than those indicated. Please note that applications received without the requested information will not be forwarded for review. To Apply please visit: https://careers.pcma.org/jobs/view/conference-education-manager/64896309/
The IACP is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Public Health Compliance: IACP requires all employees, regardless of remote work status, to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. As a prospective and/or new employee at the IACP, you will be required to comply with our vaccination policy, report your vaccination status, and provide proof of vaccination. Compliance with the policy does allow for exceptions, but those exceptions will only be granted in circumstances related to medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.