Conference Planning Intern (Part-Time to Full-Time) will Assist with:
– Filing and cross checking of conference materials (name badges, registration lists)
– Answering telephones, making copies, sending faxes
– General administrative tasks
– Organize volunteers for onsite during conference.
– Provide onsite support at various events, i.e., Physics Team, New Faculty Workshop, etc.
– Candidates should be current sophomores, juniors or seniors at a university or college
– Demonstrated interest in event planning
– Have a creative eye for attention to details
– Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
– Effective written and oral communication skills
– Ability to follow directions, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure
– Efficient organization and time management abilities
– Positive attitude, self motivated, energetic and is a willing learner
– Knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Word on a Windows PC, and technology literate
– Professional appearance and demeanor
– This is a paid internship and the Intern will be required to work a minimum of 30-40 hours a week for 10-12 weeks through August . Must be flexible with hours to work and willing to travel out of state from July 17 – 24, 2019 and locally
NBAA is seeking a Manager, Meetings to provide logistics planning, expense oversight, vendor management and on-site implementation for NBAA’s conferences and seminars, which provide business aviation professionals an opportunity to access leading education and development, peer-to-peer learning, industry updates and marketplace exchange.
NBAA is a nonprofit trade association serving a dynamic and growing industry. From our headquarters in downtown Washington, DC, staff members deliver top-notch customer service to our members across the world. NBAA offers generous benefits and a collegial work environment in the heart of the nation’s capital.
NBAA seeks candidates who have excellent interpersonal communication skills, superior capacity to work under time and budget constraints, and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of internal and external customers, including hotels, convention centers, service providers, sponsors and other event vendors.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and three years’ experience managing professional development meetings is required. Preferred candidates will have professional work experience with a high level of member/volunteer interaction, Certified Meeting Professional credential, and experience working in an association environment
NBAA is looking for a highly organized individual who can effectively manage the association’s conferences and seminars, from planning stages through on-site implementation, to ensure a world-class experience for our attendees. If that sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume via online. NBAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Highest personal standards
- Highest ethical standards
- Highest work ethic
- Loyalty and dedication to work
- Team player
- Customer Service Oriented
- Minimum of 1-2 years of college
- Taken at least 1-2 hospitality-related courses
- Be detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Have excellent writing skills and Microsoft Office experience
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Meetings Management
- Full understanding of Association Management Companies and how they operate and help associations
- Understanding of the goals and objectives of the meetings before setting up a meeting by creating a resume and function sheets with setup, AV and food and beverage requirements
- Learn the registration process
- Learn how to analyze registrations and room pickup reports and how they affect the marketing strategies
- Understand the ROI of a meeting
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Grace L. Jan, CAE, CMP | Senior Vice President, Meetings Management | MSP 1300 Piccard Drive, Suite LL 14, Rockville, MD 20850 | GJAN@msp-amc.com
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We constantly are striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our members. If you have a growth mindset and enjoy challenging work, you probably are a great fit for our team!
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience planning meetings, conferences, working in hotels or convention centers; prior experience in association conferences and events is a plus.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time, including weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and solid organizational skills – the ability to balance a number of competing interests in a pressure-filled context and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Strong team player, who knows how to work within the team.
- A familiarity with the credit union community and the responsibilities of its officials and staff is a plus.
If you push yourself and your colleagues to be better, and are committed to helping us make NAFCU the best trade association in Washington, D.C., we would love to hear from you. To apply, email your resume with (1) a cover letter, and (2) salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Visit our employment page for all our current openings.
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
The Sales Manager will identify, qualify and close business opportunities from all markets for the Company’s product and services. Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales and revenue. Identify and implement objectives, strategies and action plans to identify and close short and long-term sales opportunities. The Sales Manager will work in partnership with the Operations team to achieve Company revenue and profit goals, objectives and delivery of customer service while maintaining long term relationships with clients, accounts and organizations.
Wow I Didn’t Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw
- Responsible for securing Trade Show / exposition sales and services tailored exclusively to the trade show and event industry.
- Represents GES to Show Management, Association, Executives, Exhibitors and Convention Managers.
- Develop relationships with Convention Bureau Staff, Hotels and Conference Centers and subcontractors to generate leads and position GES as a trusted partner.
- Prospects for new business by developing targeted solicitation plans for key accounts including any and all potential meeting venues, hotels associations and corporations with trade show events.
- Individually identifies opportunities for cross-selling with other GES lines of business, such as audio-visual and event accommodations.
- Works with GES Account Managers and Sales Managers to coordinate with others within GES for all Phases of pre-show, on site and post show project management.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow up activities within the Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with clients to ensure their needs/expectations are consistently met or exceeded on schedule.
- Creates and conducts GES Capabilities presentations.
- Prepares RFP responses.
- Develops creative proposals and presentation materials including, floor plans, rate sheets, artistic renderings, etc. for presentation to current and potential clients.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts to secure new business and retain existing business.
- Proactively provides information to clients to assist in securing future business.
- Attend, participate and maintain, memberships in local and national industry events and organizations to provide maximum exposure for the Company; and meet face to face with clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Tradeshow Industry and our competitors.
- Develops revenue summaries of new GES tradeshows and communicates forecast with GES finance team.
- Assist and fills in for Account Manager when necessary.
- Transitions new employees to the GES culture and workforce.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes (CORE Values).
- Account size and revenue volume
- Individual Volume – Normally $500 thousand or more
- Sells to smaller accounts ($500 thousand or less)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Business Administration, related field or comparable experience
- Three (3+) years consultative Sales/Production experience in the Convention Services Industry preferred
- Exhibition Industry experience a plus
- Experience developing targeted solicitation plans to secure key accounts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dynamic, consultative and influential sales communications style
- Results oriented individual with proven sales success
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing short-term and long term vision and strategy to achieve targeted sales objectives in a fast paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Professional attire-Business professional and Business Casual
- Ability to negotiate sales contracts
- Able to problem solve in a positive and creative manner that serves both GES and Client needs
- Ability to courageously fire ahead and self-navigate through a large company to explore and consult with many professionals to develop custom client solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and events at various stages of development
- Effective interpersonal skills. The ability to develop outstanding relationships with clients and internal team members at all levels of the company.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Moderate travel required – up to 35%
- Available to work nights, weekends, and at event locations
- Require a flexible work schedule as events occasionally run on weekends and evenings
- Work will be required in both an office and show floor setting
- Show Floor conditions can include a somewhat crowded or noisy area where there may be mild discomfort due to temperature, dust or other conditions
Benefits: Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
The Meetings Manager is responsible the overall planning, organization, development, and implementation of all logistical arrangements for FSI Events giving great attention to detail, while maintaining high standards of customer service. FSI Events include OneVoice, FSI Forum, Capitol Hill Day, State Capitol Days, webinars and any other FSI meetings as directed. These arrangements include, as appropriate: hotel rooms and meeting space allocation, food and beverage services, audio visual equipment, speaker management, council management, ancillary events, materials and services from hotel and other third-party vendors, on-site meeting management, and review and reconciliation of appropriate payments and budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, speakers, VIPs, audio visual equipment, room sets, promotional materials, etc.
- Effectively negotiate terms and conditions with event venues and partners to meet service expectations and ensure appropriate expense management.
- Management of event speakers’ logistical needs; updating program, event mobile app and website with ongoing edits and organizing speaker prep calls.
- Lead the FSI webinars by training staff and speakers on the platform, coordinating logistics and hosting live and on-demand webinars for members.
- Assist in budget development and oversee tracking and reconciliation of all event expenditures to stay within or below budget.
- Supports FSI Councils by coordinating council meetings, assisting council chairs in distributing agendas and other materials, attending council meetings, ensuring deadlines are met and otherwise participating as necessary.
- Prepare and compile routine and ad hoc status reports on event activities such as meeting statistics, attendee satisfaction surveys, metrics and pre- and post-event reports.
- Effectively collaborate with both internal and external customers, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proactively anticipate, develop and implement contingency plans, as needed onsite.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years meeting planning experience.
- Association background and Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) a plus.
- Strong time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Consistently displays a proactive, positive, customer service focus and demonstrates a dedicated sense of urgency in serving their interests.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate favorable terms and conditions with vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, compromise, manage multiple priorities and stay highly organized, influence others; work well under pressure; meet deadlines.
- Ability and versatility to work both independently as well as collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience working with database applications.
Essential Job Functions & Working Conditions: Required business travel throughout the United States (up to 10%), including work on nights and weekends as necessary.
Join the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) (www.fnih.org), one of the premier non-profit organizations in the biomedical research field. FNIH works to accelerate biomedical research by forging powerful public-private partnerships among the NIH and leading public and private sector institutions.
NATURE OF WORK: The Meetings and Events Coordinator is responsible for the flawless execution of meetings, conferences and special event logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management and post event.
S/he will manage assigned projects by using event management tools/software as well as develop and adhere to budgets, timelines, processes and procedures. S/he is responsible for internal and external relations, contributing to ongoing assessments and providing updates based on changing needs. The Coordinator works on a team on particular meetings and events under the direction of a Meetings and Events Planner, and reports directly to the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Source venues appropriate for meetings and negotiate contracts per internal guidelines. Oversee all aspects of hotel arrangements including rooming list, meeting space, food and beverage, and audio/visual equipment.
- Communicate with event related vendors regarding all preplanning needs and manage related operations onsite.
- Anticipate and resolve issues with project schedules, resources, and budgets.
- Oversee travel arrangements ensuring excellent traveler outreach, communication, data tracking, updates and compliance with established processes.
- Oversee the life cycle of meeting, conference and special event registration including creating and managing invitations, developing the registration process and communication pieces.
- Manage all meeting collateral ensuring that materials are professional and appropriately reflect the organization’s standards, thus ensuring quality control.
- Oversee and reconcile meeting, conference and special event expenditures to deliver on or below budget objectives while keeping the project leader and finance staff informed on all budget related activities.
- Assist with management of department’s inventory, credit card reconciliation process and other duties as assigned.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS: A college degree is essential, and two to four years of meeting and event planning experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Experience working in Federal government contracts is preferred.
Candidates should demonstrate their ability to:
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines; multitask and handle multiple projects efficiently simultaneously.
- Show initiative, work independently as an individual contributor with minimum supervision, yet able to work and contribute positively in a team setting.
- Analyze and solve challenges quickly and effectively.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including management, project managers, staff departments, and vendors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients while exhibiting a high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Cvent Event Management and Cvent Supplier Network software.
- Ability to adapt quickly to using new technology and software as implemented by the team.OTHER: The Meetings and Events Coordinator may be required to occasionally work weekends, evenings and other irregular hours and travel as necessary.TO APPLY: Please send an email to email@example.com with “ECLI” in the subject line. Include your cover letter and resume.
Job Summary: The Marketing and Events Intern will assist in the planning and coordination of a various AGMA events, including a fall tradeshow, monthly education courses, internal staff events, and other association meetings and events. The intern will work on projects from multiple team members, working closely with the Marketing Department on event planning, marketing, and communication tasks.
- Manage content and logistics of the Fall Technical Meeting and Motion + Power Technology Expo event mobile apps
- Assist the AGMA Marketing Department with social media marketing, marketing and public relations tasks, website support, and occasional blogging
- Assist with exhibitor, sponsor, and speaker management for the Fall Technical Meeting and Motion + Power Technology Expo
- Manage event reporting for the Fall Technical Meeting and Motion + Power Technology Expo
- Assist in event logistics planning for Education courses, Fall Technical Meeting, Motion + Power Technology Expo, AGMA Board Meeting, and other association events
- General office administrative support
- The intern must be able to multi-task, work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment, and be organized and flexible
- General understanding of the conference events industry
- Must be pursuing an internship for college credit, Events Management or Marketing degree preferred
- Previous internship or office experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Marketing or event planning experience a plus
- Knowledge of iMIS or other membership database a plus
Compensation: Intern will be compensated at $15/hour and will have at least one opportunity to attend a local industry event with registration expenses paid for by AGMA
Internship Duration and Hours: Intern is preferred to begin work in May 2019 and end in August 2019. He or she is expected to work minimum of 30 hours per week
About AGMA: AGMA is the global network for technical standards, education, and business information for manufacturers, suppliers, and users of mechanical power transmission components. Founded in 1916, AGMA is a member- and market-driven organization, conducting programs and providing services to the gear industry and its customers. The association includes about 495 of the world’s top gearing companies across more than 30 nations.
To Apply: Please submit a current resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Leah Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18900 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Triangle VA, 22172
- Assist with all aspects of event operations
- Assist with marketing of events
- Answer telephone calls, greet and/or direct potential donors
- Maintain museum calendar, track revenue and manage a variety of Excel spreadsheets
- Inform all staff of upcoming events, VIP groups and visitors
- Assist catering manager with site visits, describing venue opportunities and order of
- Process incoming mail
When: We would ideally like an intern to start May 20, 2019 and end August 4, 2019.
To apply: Contact Events Manager Meghan Lee at email@example.com.
Special Event Coordinators (SECs) support the Special Events Department with on-site management of Decatur Carriage House events, meetings, weddings and receptions. In addition, SEC’s will support the ongoing operations of the Special Events Department as necessary, including but not limited to, conducting site visits with prospective clients and attending quarterly staff meetings. This is a part time, hourly position.
• Act as primary representative of the White House Historical Association’s Special Events Department during Decatur House rental events
• Protect venue and its property by ensuring strict adherence to site policies and procedures
• Actively coordinate vendors and event staff throughout event; conduct pre- & post-event walk-through’s; oversee all event details and schedules as stated in the Event Report; troubleshoot any site-related issue that might arise
• Give tours of Decatur House
• Display professional and customer-oriented demeanor at all times while providing excellent event management and customer service, and upholding the museum’s event guidelines and procedures
• Create a positive, team-oriented atmosphere with all event vendors, event planners and clients in order to insure a successful event experience.
• Conduct site visits with prospective clients during event set-up or at other scheduled times
• Perform administrative duties and projects as designated by the Director of Special Events
- Actively enrolled student: 2-year program freshman and above, 4-year sophomore/second year and above, or graduate level attending college in: Delaware, Maryland, Pennslyvania, Virginia, West Virginia or Washington, DC.
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) overall “B” average or grade percentage of 83-86% equivalent
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, hospitality management, culinary, etc.)
- Official transcript
- Up to 3 letters of recommendation
- Student essay 500-word maximum to include: background of yourself and experience; your goals and objectives after graduation; what prompted you to choose this career; contributions you have made to your school program or to fellow students through leadership/participation; why is obtaining this scholarship important to you; if your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing
- Scholarships are open to international students
- NEWH membership is not required but is FREE to students + full time educators
- Apply online, www.newh.org (Scholarship/Chapter Scholarship Applications/Washington DC) or submit a PDF application with requirements by mail or email.
QUESTIONS or to submit application/documents:
Elle Pechiney | NEWH Washington DC Metro | Scholarship Director
12430 Park Potomac Ave. #211
- The internship can be applied for academic credits following university standards/guidelines. Internship will provide great field experience and professional networking opportunities. Contact University for eligibility.
- SmartBenefits will be provided for travel cost up to the IRS maximum
Your Role: Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Meetings and Conventions, the intern will observe and assist with various projects assigned by the Meetings Department. You will support the Meetings Team with projects, but not limited to, by:
- Assisting with the planning, coordination and execution of internal meetings
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of the 2019 Annual Convention and Legislative Summit (May 5-8, 2019) including: Scheduling, marketing, social media, website content management, registration, files, diagrams
- Assisting in 2019 Engineering Excellence Awards Gala (May 7, 2019) design concept, registration and seating
- Assisting in providing customer service to ACEC members
- Other duties as assigned
Through this internship the intern will learn the use of the CRM system for membership database management, gain experience in events and conference management, and listen to speakers and presentations on the workings of a national trade association. The position presents generous opportunities for instruction and constructive feedback on the intern’s work product. There is no guarantee of a job at the conclusion of the internship.
- Currently a college student pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Events and Meeting Management or Hospitality Management.
- Applicants who will receive college credit are preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Help design and maintain an overall brand strategy using firm resources and software.
Ability to multi-task. Some experience in event planning is helpful but not necessary. Willing to work in a fast-paced organization. Ability to work independently, as well as on teams, and take initiative within the office and all aspects of daily assignments.
Event host reports: Generates reports and manages changes for registration, table plans, and conference activities; Vendor reports: Generates reports and manages changes for hotel accommodations, ground transportation, place cards, and name badges.; Client reports: Prepares client welcome packets, invoices and reimbursements for conference registrations.; Personal integrity, initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy.; Excellent time management and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.; Willingness to travel required (domestic and some international). Strong negotiating/creative/entrepreneurial skills.; Passion for event management; Ability to develop credibility with clients; Strong communication skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships; Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and events while maintaining high quality standards; Ability to adapt style as the situation requires.
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Non-exempt, 37.5 hours/week
Reports to: Senior Director of Meetings/Chief of Staff
Date: February 11th, 2019
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides administrative and logistical support for the ASHG Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Support (85%)
• Provides general administrative assistance and logistical support for all Annual Meeting related
• Updates documents, task lists and timelines. Prepares agenda for department meetings.
• Prepares RFP letters to vendors/service providers (e.g., first aid, personnel, child care).
• Assists with the data input for various meeting-related orders and updates vendor orders using Access databases and/or Word documents/Excel spreadsheets.
• Works with meeting staff to develop and proof meeting materials such as sign orders, meetingrelated work orders, meeting specifications, BEOs, etc.
• Coordinates packing of Annual Meeting materials and orders meeting-related supplies.
• Reviews meeting-related invoices for accuracy and codes to appropriate department.
• Updates meeting surveys using Survey Monkey and other programs.
• Assists in handling inquiries for general email accounts.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with ADA needs for attendees and makes arrangements for interpreters and other services as needed.
• Schedules meetings/conference calls and prepares agendas as directed.
• Attends the Annual Meeting and provides logistical support in the ASHG meeting office and elsewhere as required.
• Assists with logistics for ancillary meeting requests.
• Provides administrative support for other activities when requested and performs other duties that may be required to assist with tasks for other departments from time to time.
• Travels to the Annual Meeting is required and other occasional travel may be necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships, including with ASHG staff and vendors
• Professional behavior and judgment within and outside the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1-3 years of meetings experience, scientific meeting experience preferred
• Sitting for a full work day, extensive use of computer keyboard, mouse and monitor
• Regular local travel to attend meetings and conferences. Long-distance multi-day travel to attend ASHG’s Annual Meeting
• Travel and other work related assignments on weekends and evenings are possible.
• Occasionally requires lifting materials of approximately 20 lbs.
• Working long hours onsite at meetings.
and research laboratories. Our staff of about 20 works to support the needs of our members and the human genetics field to advance research, policy and education. The ASHG Annual Meeting is the world’s largest scientific meeting dedicated to advancing human genetics and drew more than 9,000 attendees in 2019 and hosted more than 230 exhibiting companies.
• Performs various administrative duties including but not limited to: preparing for the meeting, proofing and editing correspondence related to the meeting; coordinating mailings; responding to routine questions and requests for information, assisting the exhibits manager on logistics and communication.
• Assists in collection and creation of materials for the meeting and other Society functions at the meeting.
• Prepares staff materials and emails for the meeting, including pre-convention packets, travel coordination, and
other administrative tasks
• Assists registrar with all general registration processes as needed.
• Helps coordinate packing and shipping of conference materials.
• Participates in department meetings with coworkers.
• Collaborates with team members to achieve learning goals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• High degree of professionalism with strong organizing skills.
• Interest in learning about hospitality, association/nonprofit management, meeting management.
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
• Knowledge of meetings and event industry helpful.
• Research and outreach to prospective donors (i.e. sponsors, companies, prominent individuals, etc.)
• Research and outreach for auction donations from hotels, restaurants, luxury brands, exclusive experiences, travel, etc.
• Work with our auction software, Greater Giving
• Assist with social media and stewardship plans
• Assist in the preparation of the Heart Ball event in February 2019
• Assist and attend other Heart Ball events
• Other special projects as assigned
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Have an interest in event planning, stewardship, communications, and/or nonprofits
• Be able to travel to our Arlington office (walking distance from the Ballston Metro)
• Be comfortable with administrative tasks, such as printing jobs, mailings and office organization
• Be detail oriented and hard working
• Research and outreach to prospective in-kind donors for event items (i.e. awards, gifts, photographers, flowers, etc.)
• Research and solicit for auction donations from hotels, restaurants, luxury brands, etc.
• Work with our auction software, Greater Giving
• Create media contact lists for the wine, food, and local media industries
• Assist in the preparation of the Heart’s Delight 4 day event in March 2019
• Assist and attend other Heart’s Delight events
• Other special projects as assigned
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Have an interest in event planning, food, wine, travel, and/or nonprofits
• Be able to travel to our Arlington office (walking distance from the Ballston Metro)
• Be comfortable with administrative tasks, such as printing jobs, mailings and office organization
• Be detail oriented and hard working
Conduct conference and trade show sales services, including, but not limited to, exhibit marketing, direct sales solicitation, exhibit database management, and exhibitor web marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
|Qualification, Knowledge, Skill Required:
*Please note, this position is based in Orlando, FL and telecommuting will be available 1 day per week
The International Foodservice Distributors Association, a small office of 18 located in the Tysons Corner Area, McLean, VA, seeks an Administrative Coordinator who has energy and technical skills to provide excellent customer service to our membership and provide support to our staff.
Provide administrative support for multiple staff members;
Support Staff in assigned project-based work; and
Responsible for coordinating and providing general office services.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist where needed with event planning;
Assist with arrangements and handling of logistics for committees or other meetings;
Interact with the organization’s volunteer leaders;
Assist where needed in monitoring registrations at Association events for speakers, board members and volunteers;
Assist, as needed, in uploading information into the conference app;
Assist where needed with setting up and monitoring webcasts and conference calls;
Type and edit correspondence and reports;
File, retrieve and disseminate correspondence and materials;
Maintain calendars and schedules;
Make travel arrangements, as needed;
1st in line to answer and direct callers who need assistance;
Receive guests and deliveries, direct as appropriate;
Help with the coordination of mailings to our members and other customers;
Assist Manager, Finance & Administration with resolving maintenance issues with the office and the building;
Interact effectively and pleasantly with internal and external customers alike;
Some travel is required; and,
Other duties, as assigned (please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
High technical proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook) and Internet Explorer are required;
Must be highly organized with a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
Must have a very high attention to detail;
Able to initiate action and follow-through with minimal supervision; and,
Maintain professionalism in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience in association work and supporting multiple team members is a plus.
This is an excellent professional opportunity for the right person to gain overall knowledge and skills in an association environment.
IFDA offers competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, 401(k) and profit sharing and a pleasant work environment. To be considered for this position please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Visit http://www.ifdaonline.org for more information about IFDA.
Summary of Position: The Events and Continuing Education Manager is responsible for the programmatic development of the Convention, postgraduate courses, and headquarter courses. Duties will vary from abstract management, meeting logistics, invitations, writing marketing content, and developing timelines for the Annual Convention Committee.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Serve as the primary staff liaison for site development with CadmiumCD
• Support the Director of Professional Development in maintaining regular communication with the Communities of Practice Leadership
• Serve as on-site management at Convention
• Seek opportunities for new offerings at Convention
• Organize multi-department team to develop the Proceedings post-convention
• Coordinates the Invited Speaker process for the AIUM Convention
o Responsible for the sending and follow up of invited speaker invitations
o Gathers and coordinate all relevant information from speakers
o Manages convention presentations within Cadmium
o Corresponds with speakers including A/V requests, faculty disclosures, profile information, etc.
o Serve as the primary lead on the Convention mobile application with Cadmium
• Manage AIUM communications with approximately 300 presenters
• Coordinates the Abstract Submission process for the AIUM Convention
o Coordinate with CoP leaders to update descriptors and reviewers
o Ensure reviewers understand and adhere to responsibilities
o Responsible for the solicitation, collection and review of abstracts.
o Ensures the effective use of the 3rd party online abstract system (Cadmium)
o Coordinates review process in Cadmium system
o Works with the Communications and Member Services Department to publicize the Call for Abstracts during May-Aug.
o Responsible for the review and execution of New Investigator review, session, and award(s)
• Collaborate with Director on site selection for future conventions
Postgraduate and Hands-on Headquarter Courses (30%)
• Work closely with the Professional Development Assistant on logistics for postgraduate and headquarter courses
○ Develop timelines, work with faculty volunteers, and ensure deadlines are being met
○ Provide content to marketing time for courses
• Work with the Director of Professional Development in development of new event opportunities, topics, and markets
Other Duties (10%)
• Attends the AIUM Annual Convention
• Assists with all other convention duties as needed
• Attend annual CadCon Conference
• Attend postgraduate and headquarter courses as needed
• Facilitate in-office meetings and events as needed
• Other duties, consistent with this position, as assigned
• Association experience a plus but not required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills (particularly working with databases)
• Bachelor’s degree a plus
• Required to work weekends and evenings, as needed
• Travel required as needed
• Strong customer service skills, detail oriented, organized, and able to work efficiently and independently
**Application Requirements: Applicants who do not include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying will not be considered. Visit here to apply.
Senior Democratic Member of Congress seeks an energetic, organized, creative, self-starter to join the team of her very active and visible constituent services staff.
The Events Coordinator is also a caseworker who helps constituents with federal issues but spends a good part of the time managing and directing very diverse city-wide and neighborhood events that relate to the Congresswoman’s congressional and constituent responsibilities, including staying on top of everyday events in the Member’s district that keep the community connected to the Member’s work.
The Events Coordinator takes the lead in our frequent Norton-In-Your Neighborhood meetings with constituents and in developing major events, among them, the Small Business Fair and Job Fair.
Candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks. The office prizes staff able to think outside the box and work independently while also being available to assist in co-worker projects where necessary or requested. Prior community or event planning experience is desirable. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, excellent writing and communication skills, experience interacting with the public and leadership qualities.
Candidate must be a resident of the District of Columbia or willing to move immediately to DC if hired.
This position is open until filled. Salary: based on skill and experience level. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information: https://www.house.gov/employment.
PMMI, The Association of Packaging and Processing Technologies – voted one of the “Best Manufacturing Associations to Work For” in 2018 – connects the makers of goods with the packaging and processing suppliers they rely on. Together we help provide people around the world with innovative, safe, convenient and cost-effective products that touch lives every day. We advance the industry through our world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, PMMI Media Group and a wide range of Business Drivers to empower our members and strengthen the industry.
Who we are.
PMMI employees are guided by a set of shared core values –
More on this from PMMI employees themselves: https://vimeo.com/252385090
About the role.
What we are looking for.
Setup day – February 12, 2019
Show day – February 13, 2019
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
SPIRIT OF HOSPITALITY GALA ATTENDANT: The Spirit of Hospitality Celebration is on the evening of February 12 to recognize the recipient of this year’s Spirit of Hospitality Award, the highest recognition presented annually to individuals and organizations that show exceptional dedication and commitment to the travel and tourism industry. This year’s gala will take place at The Hamilton LIVE. Volunteers are needed to assist in checking in gala guests and assisting show management.
• Provide directional assistance for attendees to session/registration/event
• Control door access and assist in ushering attendees into keynote session
• Assist Exhibit Hall Floor Managers as needed (sponsorship setups, signage placement, distributing handouts, etc)
• Complimentary parking
• Complimentary lunch on February 13
• Volunteer participation letter available upon request
• Opportunity for mentorship/informational interviews with Destinations International show management upon request
Setup and Move-in 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Spirit of Hospitality Gala 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Registration 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
PCMA Education Sessions 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Doors open for Keynote Address 10:30 AM
Keynote Address with Leslie Odom Jr. 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Bites & Beverages 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Exhibit Hall Open 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Caffeine & Cocktails 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Under supervision of the Director of Professional Development, the Meeting Planner is responsible for and oversees all logistical aspects of the association’s Annual Conference (1000 attendees), 4-8 regional workshops (50-250 attendees), and several organization meetings for board/committees. This position assists with content coordination, marketing & communications, event planning and leverages the association’s management system (AMS) to provide seamless professional development programming.
The position requires a multi-tasking individual fluent in a variety of software applications (Microsoft Office 365, Double Dutch, SharePoint) with ability to maintain information network (Microsoft SharePoint), ability to provide support to the routine activities of the organization, and present a polished, professional, courteous face to the public. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, possesses strong project management skills, is a quick learner, and works well in a small staff environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Serve as lead staff person on the production of all IDA conferences, workshops, and meetings including venue management (room blocks), food and beverage, and vendor management such as A/V and Exhibition.
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development, who is responsible for developing content for all conferences and workshops, to provide appropriate logistics and ensure outstanding attendee experience.
- Manage the relationship between IDA and the host organizations including preparation of Memoranda of Understanding with host/partners.
- Develop RFP’s, recommend facilities, and negotiate contracts for President’s approval for hotels, convention centers or other required facilities to accommodate the logistical needs for meetings.
- Work with the Director of Professional Development and/or President on preparation and management of event budgets.
Collaborate with staff and volunteer leaders in the development of event production timelines.
- Manage the event registration system and coordinate registration activities with member services and operations staff.
- Coordinate the production of all materials for distribution at the event.
- Supervise any temporary staff hired to support events.
- Serve as on-site manager for the event; organize and coordinate activity of all IDA staff while on site.
- Review conference evaluation reports and make recommendations to the volunteer leadership and staff regarding improvements to IDA conferences or workshops.
- Manage the program timeline to ensure timely and accurate submission of session titles, speaker names, speaker titles, and speaker bios
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development to be sure all speaker information is captured in the AMS data base.
- Develop speaker confirmation letter, room setup form, audio-visual request forms, and be sure any other speaker requirements are received and that the information is recorded in the AMS.
- Review program descriptions and advise the best staging for conversation, content delivery, and maximum take-home value (i.e., head table vs. rounds vs. theater, etc.)
- Coordinate with marketing and communication staff for posting updated program information on the IDA Website and in the event app.
- Provide program details for the on-site program and proof on-site program
Collaborate with IDA Research staff to develop appropriate conference evaluation surveys and report findings to staff and volunteer leaders.
- Other related duties as determined and agreed upon
- Manage the activities of the IDA Site Selection process in concert with the President.
- Prepare all materials related to call for interest.
- Track inquiries of interest and respond to inquiries from potential host organizations and local CVBs. Produce all materials for review by the President and organize the review/selection process.
- Once selected, conduct on-site visits to the host communities to interview hotel/conference facilities, assess off-site event and workshop venues, and establish working relationships with host organizations
- Work cooperatively and in a peer-to-peer environment with all members of the staff.
- Participate in all staff meetings, board meetings, conferences and workshops, as requested.
- Respond promptly to information requests from any member.
- Answer phones in rotation and take turn covering office activities during staff lunch breaks.
- Represent IDA at functions outside the organization, when requested by the President.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Must be able to work with all staff members in a highly interdependent environment.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: IDA contractors and service providers, volunteer leaders, members, and customers
QUALIFICATIONS: Seeking candidates with high attention to detail/accuracy and strong database skills, possessing excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently. Applicant will demonstrate a command of Microsoft Office 365 applications including SharePoint. Familiarity with AMS software platforms preferred. Basic web and online publishing skills a plus. Budgeting experience a plus. Must be an excellent team player willing to assist all staff members. Having a great appreciation for the urban environment and city building is significantly beneficial.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Requires Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience working in the association industry with a working knowledge of professional meeting planning, general association operations, and membership databases or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 2 years of project management experience in a non-profit environment, or equivalent, is required.
TO APPLY: For more information and to apply to this position submit resume, cover letter, please visit here.
J Shea is a profitable, innovative, event strategy and styling company based in the Washington, DC area. We conceptualize, strategize, style, plan and execute 50+ events annually around the United States and Canada. We’re looking for a talented, experienced and reliable person to join the J Shea team. Someone who takes charge, is independent, and consistently professional. Someone who has a passion for style, fun, thinking big and crazy ideas. Someone who is a fast learner, and a go-getter with experience in special event and conference planning. And most importantly- a good person, with a great attitude. This position offers tremendous opportunity for growth within the company.
As the Director, Events & Experiences you would:
Lead and assist with strategy, coordination and execution of up to 50 meetings and events per year around the United States and Canada. Events can include galas, fundraisers, roadshows, client events, golf tournaments, meetings and tradeshows.
As the Director, Events & Experiences, you must:
Have outstanding customer service skills, thrive on excellence, and at least 5 years of experience in event planning.
Job Description Details
Event Strategy & Planning: · Conceptualize themes, activations and creative concepts for events. · Create vision boards when styling an event or space. · Conduct venue research, perform site visits around the U.S. · Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff and clients for each event project. · Assist with negotiations for venue/hotel contracts. · Logistical duties such as arrange food and beverage, order audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signage, and order appropriate décor (florals, linens, rentals, etc.) · Create room layouts for each event. · Serve as liaison with vendors. · Manage on-site production and break down for events. Ability to work alone onsite if necessary. · Work very efficiently and organized. · Prepare administrative items such as nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc. · Understand the sport of golf as some events are golf specific. (not required but ideal)
Marketing, Sales & Administration:
· Work with company’s preferred registration platform, Aventri, to build registration websites, email blasts and manage reports. · Write marketing plans, including email blast and social media platforms for both clients and J Shea. · Excellent networking skills – attend up to 4 networking events in the DC area per month, helping to build business for J Shea. · General understanding of Instagram and Facebook platforms. · Familiarity with industry associations such as MPI, ISES, PCMA is preferred. · Perform administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: · At least 5 years’ experience in event management. · Excellent communication skills. · Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of clients. · Ability to accomplish projects while working from home with little supervision. · Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for excellence. · Bachelor’s degree in related field is ideal but not required. · Experience traveling around the United States. · Proficient in the latest versions of Google Docs, Dropbox, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and mail merges. · Ability to work some nights and weekends and travel 20% of the year. · Work well from home- this position requires the employee to work remotely 75% of the week.
If this position excites you, apply now to join our dynamic and growing team. Please note, we will only review resumes that clearly state applicable experience as stated above. Benefits: Benefits include generous PTO, quality of life and flexibility, potential for 401K and the ability to work from home.
Contact: Please send a cover letter and resume demonstrating experience, salary requirements, interest and qualifications to: email@example.com . If you have experience using Aventri (formerly etouches) our registration system, please mention this in your cover letter.
|Set a tone for an ethos of disability access informed by disability culture. Ensure delivery of a broad spectrum of accessibility accommodations for AAA members and meeting attendees with disabilities (mobility, speech, vision, deafness/hearing impairments, environmental disabilities, multiple disabilities, etc.), and support implementation of programming to build a culture of access among the broader AAA membership, staff, and organizational leadership. Develop communication plans, delivery processes, and evaluation and success tracking for accessibility programs across the association. Liaise with external service providers for delivery of accommodations. Support section and annual meetings through work within the abstract management system to assist the meetings department with call for papers, registration, and program production. Deliver exceptional member and attendee customer service both from the office headquarters and onsite at events as the lead on accessibility.
Scope of Organization/Functional Responsibilities
Number of Volunteers Supported
Number of Employees Managed/Supervised
|Experience: 2-4 years of experience with developing and delivering accessibility services, meeting planning, and association programs. Proven commitment to and/or experience with disability inclusion in a disability rights framework.
Skills and Abilities: Strong customer service focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience with data entry, able to handle several projects simultaneously, ability to evaluate programs based on qualitative and quantitative indicators. Familiarity with disability rights and disability justice issues and ability to address these issues in communications with membership and on behalf of the Association.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
To Apply Please Visit: https://careerhq.asaecenter.org/jobs/11894988/coordinator-access-and-meetings
|The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) was founded in 1971 and is the largest dental student organization in the United States. With a membership of more than 24,000, ASDA represents 94% of dental students from all 66 dental schools. ASDA’s mission is to protect and advance the rights, interests and welfare of dental students. The association introduces students to lifelong involvement in organized dentistry and provides services, information, education, representation and advocacy. ASDA representatives vote in the ADA House of Delegates, sit on most ADA councils and commissions and comprise one of the most respected student organizations in the nation.
ASDA is located off Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 14 and an operating budget of $4.5 million.
The Meetings Manager is responsible for managing the strategy, planning, and execution of all aspects of the ASDA meeting, events and education programs. Will work with content experts to create education programs. Meetings and education programs range in size from twenty to several hundred attendees.
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. To apply please forward your resume electronically with cover letter in confidence to: Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 312-642-8889.