New Job Opportunity: Event Manager – Maryland Tech Council, Frederick MD (Posted 10/5/2021)
Maryland Tech Council is seeking an Event Manager to oversee and organize events and programs that make an impact to targeted audiences. A successful candidate will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. Our Event Manager is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills and experience required to manage successful programs from start to finish, including large-scale conferences, annual industry awards celebration, roundtables, speaker series, happy hours, golf tournament, breakfast meetings, vendor fairs and more.
- Ability to administer all phases within the events department, including but not limited to, sales, planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures
- Capable of planning programs and events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, budget and objectives
- Ensure all programs and events are completed smoothly
- Emphasis on exceeding budget and profit for all programs and events
- Work with sponsors and partners to negotiate benefits and participation
- Interact with vendors and suppliers to negotiate budgets and adhere to deliverables
- Lead promotional activities for all programs and events
- Offer suggestions and vision to enhance the success of programs and events
- Be proactive in resolving any problems or issues that might occur
- Proficiency in invoicing and adhering to budgets and timelines
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare post-event reports for senior management
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Professional, service-oriented team player with leadership skills and Event Manager experience
- Ability to multitask and a knack for problem solving
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills
- Sales and sponsorship experience
- Computer savvy; must be proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of marketing techniques for event management; Key Performance Indicator experience a plus
- Ability to effectively interact with all people (including sponsors, speakers, members, potential members, committee members, etc.) regardless of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
TO APPLY please visit: Event Manager in Frederick, MD for Maryland Tech Council (asaecenter.org)
New Job Opportunity: Association Administrator – National Association of Mortgage Bankers, Virtual – Posted October 1, 2021
NAMB is seeking an Association Administrator who is energetic, motivated by new challenges and excited to learn something new every day, but who can also manage the routine work that must be done to keep a national 501(c)6 trade association running efficiently. The Association Administrator must have a commitment to delivering the highest quality work and helping the Association deliver a first-rate member experience. The person we hire will be a primary point of contact for our members, volunteers, and others. The Association Administrator will be the right-hand person for the President and the primary member of the team supporting the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Committees.
President of the NAMB Board of Directors
The Association Administrator assists with conducting the business functions and operations of the Association. This position reports to the President and participates, as requested, in meetings of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. In addition to general responsibility for the Association’s systems, schedules, and business operations, the Administrator will be responsible for:
- Oversee day-to-day Association operations from an organizational perspective
- Act as an industry and organization advocate and liaison in appropriate matters with internal and external relationships
- Carry out any and all duties and assignments that may be assigned by the President and the Board
- Assist the President with Association operations and administration issues, as requested
- Assist other internal and external NAMB staff and contractors, as needed
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date and accessible uniform digital filing system for all Association documents and records
- Act as a liaison with certain service providers, as requested by the Board
- Coordinate Board travel arrangements
- Independently research, compile, analyze, prioritize, and follow up on multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain manuals and update resource materials
- Draft correspondence, memoranda or other materials independently or as instructed
- Process insurance coverage and
- Assist, as needed, with making website changes
- Process all incoming mail and email
- Answer phone calls and, as needed, route callers to the appropriate Board member or internal or external staff person
- Receive and distribute incoming email; review and evaluate email to identify those items requiring priority attention
- Other general duties, as may be assigned
Board & Committee Support
- Coordinate the logistics of all Board and Committee activities, including managing schedules and arranging meetings, teleconferences and video conferences for the Board of Directors and Committees
- Work with the President and Committee Chairs to coordinate/prepare Board and Committee meeting agendas, presentations, and other related documents
- Coordinate business travel for the Board and internal and external staff
- Assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions, monitor status of pending items, provide follow up and keep the Board informed by communicating a wide variety of
- Keep the Board informed of material matters
- Facilitate communication between the President, Board of Directors, Committees, and internal and external resources
- Train and support Board members, volunteers, and internal and external resources in the use of all systems, including file management systems, filing protocols, and communications systems and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Association experience is a definite plus.
- You need to be very comfortable working on a computer and you need to be a quick learner of new technology, as we rely on a number of different software platforms to manage different aspects of the Association and its projects in the most efficient manner possible.
- Excellent time management and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Availability to travel and work evenings and weekends
New Job Opportunity: Strategic Plan and Board of Governors Administrator / Society for Developmental Biology (SDB) – Rockville MD (Posted 9/28/2021)
The Society for Developmental Biology (SDB), with an international membership of around 2,000, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, founded in 1939, incorporated in Ohio and headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, USA. It has a Board of Directors (BOD) with representatives from different regions of USA and Canada, Primarily Undergraduate Institutions, junior faculty, and trainee ranks. Several standing and ad hoc committees assist the BOD in the fulfillment of its mission.
In 2020, the BOD carried out a strategic planning (SP) exercise and prioritized several goals to be carried out in the next 5 years. Included was the creation of a new administrative and support position. The new staff member will be the Strategic Plan and Board of Governors Administrator (SPA) and will be tasked with ensuring the successful completion of the SP goals approved by the BOD. The SPA will work alongside the Strategic Planning Committee (SPC), will work with the Executive Director (ED), Executive Committee (EC) and BOD members to ensure progress towards the long-term goals outlined in the Strategic Plan. This will require the SPA to have intimate knowledge of the SP, its stated milestones, and the expected timelines for completion. The SPA will follow procedures to keep SP working groups on task and hold them accountable for completing their assigned duties. In addition, the SPA will coordinate and assist the BOG in fulfillment of their duties.
The SPA works across the organization and serves as the communication link with and among the Board of Governors (BOG), ED and staff. The administrator oversees the development and delivery of governance standards and services; BOG member onboarding and training; administers day-to-day operations; and works directly with the key leaders of the organization to fulfill the goals of SP and BOG.
- Leads the execution of the SDB long term strategy and translates it for the BOD and the membership.
- Works with the SPC and the ED to plan and execute new strategic planning processes, and monitors and reports on progress of existing strategic
- Identifies and receives deliverables.
- Monitors metrics for success and failure of initiatives.
- Communicates progress to the BOD and the membership, by developing communication materials, monitoring Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) or milestones, and preparing agendas for the SPC.
- Oversees and provides administrative support to aid SDB committees (see strategic plan working groups) as well as assists in budgeting of the projects.
- Assists organizational change forging synergies across the SDB.
- Establishes greater transparency and accountability for the SP working groups by carrying out the society’s strategic goals.
- Works with two new bodies within the Society, the ad hoc Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) and the Board of Governors.
- Serves as the key administrator for the Board of Governors
- Works with other SDB staff members and reports directly to the SDB President/ED.
- Provides overall staff administration for the SDB BOG and ensures all activities are executed with the highest level of professionalism and Administers all BOG operations, including meetings, reporting, and appointments.
- Works with the ED to establish agendas and facilitates the smooth operation of BOG meetings.
- Establishes and cultivates professional relationships with BOG and members to support fiscal responsibility and further professional and effective decision-making.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all appropriate legal and strategic
- Works with BOG, BOD and ED to research potential donors and sponsors.
- Performs all other job-related duties as required or assigned by the President/ED.
This job description is not designed to provide a comprehensive listing of job requirements. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, exempt position. SDB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403(b) retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
- Inclusive, collaborative, and respectful working environment
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Telework is an option
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
Please visit www.faseb.org/employment to apply with a resumé, cover letter and salary requirement.
To learn more about SDB, please visit: Society for Developmental Biology | Home (sdbonline.org)
SDB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Skills and qualifications:
- Dynamic team player with effective and respectful interpersonal skills.
- Proficient communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple projects in different phases of execution.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Familiarity and experience working with scientists and academics.
- Full understanding of and support for the basic science research enterprise and culture.
- Experience in preparing presentations and organizing workshops.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop/Illustrator, or other graphics software
- Experience with Zoom and online communication platforms (social media, websites, etc.)
- Experience with grant searches and writing
- Maintains confidentiality of discussions held at the meetings and in all business
- Proven project management skills with evidence of progressively increasing level of responsibility and authority.
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience with fundraising preferred.
- Master’s Degree in the biological sciences required. Ph.D. in the biological sciences preferred.
To apply please visit: https://careerhq.asaecenter.org/jobs/rss/15525424/strategic-plan-and-board-of-governors-administrator?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rasa_io&PostID=38639345&MessageRunDetailID=6554821987