|Events Manager – Friendship Place, Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Summary: Friendship Place seeks a highly motivated individual to manage several annual special fundraising events (at least 8 per year), plus monthly house parties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Working Conditions: Standard office working conditions, kitchens and frequently exposed to outdoor temperatures. Requires up to 15% local out of office travel
Physical and Environmental Requirements: Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, climbing. Must be able to lift and move items up to 20 lbs.
Direct Reports: Volunteers and interns as needed.
Compensation and Benefits: $50,000 – $55,000 annually. We offer an excellent benefits package including low cost health insurance, employer paid dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 403B matching, 15 days of vacation during 1st year of employment, sick leave, and much more!
How to Apply: Please send your resume and/or a cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line: Event Manager.
Website: FriendshipPlace.Org. Friendship Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meetings Coordinator – Management Solutions Plus, Rockville, MD
Management Solutions Plust (MSP) is a fast-paced, accredited association management company located in Rockville, MD. We are looking for a Meetings Coordinator who has 1-2+ years experience in association meetings. The meetings coordinator will assist the meetings team in the overall logistics (setup, food and beverage, audiovisual, special events) and speaker management for over 20+ meetings ranging from 50-1,300 attendees. Looking for a detailed-oriented, go-getter who can juggle multiple projects and work with several staff teams at the same time.
MSP offers health, dental and life insurance coverage, long/short term disability insurance as well as a 401 (k) retirement plan. Employees receive complimentary parking and a generous vacation and sick leave.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and desired salary via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Grace Jan, CAE, CMP, at MSP. No phone calls please. Please provide salary requirements when submitting resume.
Development Coordinator – American Nurses Association, Silver Spring MD
The Development Coordinator participates in the development and execution of fundraising campaigns and programs promotions targeted at existing or potential donors and prospects.
General Administrative Support:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
1-3 years’ executive level administrative and project support experience.
|To Apply please visit: https://careerhq.asaecenter.org/jobs/11750430/development-coordinator
Scientific Programs Coordinator – American Physical Society, College Park MD
The American Physical Society (APS), http://www.aps.org, a non-profit, scientific membership association working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics, seeks a Scientific Programs Coordinator. Based at APS Headquarters in College Park, MD (walking distance from the College Park Metro Station), the Scientific Programs Coordinator will administer and coordinate the meeting scientific programs, the production of the Bulletin of the American Physical Society (print and online) and will plan and manage the sorters meetings at the American Center for Physics (and offsite, when necessary).
High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To Apply please visit: https://careerhq.asaecenter.org/jobs/11759320/scientific-programs-coordinator
Meeting Planner-Event Solutions / Naylor Association Solutions, Tyson’s Corner VA
|Naylor Association Solutions is a dynamic, industry-leading organization dedicated to building stronger associations by delivering a combination of member engagement and revenue-generating solutions. Our solutions span all major functional areas, including publishing and communications, trade shows and events, software and web development solutions, e-learning solutions, and association advising services.
Naylor Event Solutions is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic to join our team as a Meeting Planner. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. The position involves full meeting management responsibilities, from inception to completion, for several conferences annually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Associate, Convention Sales – San Francisco Travel Association, Washington, DC
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel – it is solely our unique point of view as the city’s travel expert that allows us to see the entire destination rather than industry-by-industry.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and highly organized Associate, Convention Sales, supporting the Mid-Atlantic Sales Team, to join our dynamic organization.
What you will be doing:
- Data entry to include sales leads, bookings, lost business reports, purchase orders, work orders, expense reports, letters, and check requests.
- Primary phone coverage for sales managers and secondary coverage for division. Coordinate and produce itineraries for site visits as needed.
- Maintain files for sales managers, route copies of work to appropriate staff, develop general files for new accounts.
- Distribute division mail as assigned.
- E-mail sales leads and revisions daily and bookings/cancellations/lost reports to member hotels weekly.
- Assist in collection and follow up of hotel proposals and preparation of SF city proposals to present to associations/corporations to bid on future conventions and self-contained meetings
- Assist Convention Services with pre-promotion for future conventions when necessary
- Provide back-up to staff in San Francisco booths during tradeshows/conventions. Some travel may be involved.
- Assist and participate in client sales calls and/or presentations
- Assist with planning and executing client events
- Assist with any special projects and/or reports needed for the DC office
- Assist in the planning and executing of site visits
- Monitor the DC office’s inventory of brochures, supplies, and promotional items. Process orders for promotional materials and supplies as needed.
- Assist with servicing the needs of meeting planners and provide suggestions when appropriate which involves knowledge of San Francisco and members.
- Assist division sales assistants as needed.
- Participate in and attend SF Travel-sponsored member events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with appropriate diplomacy and sensitivity in both internal and external relations.
- Promote a positive culture of collegiality, accountability and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates exceptional business acumen.
- Respected as a team member in the workplace.
- Delivers outstanding results.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 2 years of related experience in secretarial and administrative duties;
- Education and/or training equivalent to high school graduate;
- Experience in the hospitality/meeting planning industry preferred;
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications;
- Must possess good oral/written communication skills;
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of SF Travel and member staff in a professional office environment;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with organization and efficiency, and have a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please provide us with the following:
- Cover letter (no more than a page, telling us why you’re the right person for this role)
- Detailed resume of your relevant experience – note that a resume sent without a creative and functionally informative cover letter will only minimally be considered
- Past salary history and future income requirements and/or goals
Meetings and Events Coordinator – FNIH, North Bethesda, MD
The Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) creates and manages alliances with public and private institutions in support of the mission of the National Institutes of Health, the world’s premier medical research agency. The Foundation works with its partners to accelerate biomedical research and strategies against diseases and health concerns in the United States and across the globe.
Job Description: The Meetings and Events Coordinator is responsible for the flawless execution of meetings, conferences and special event logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management and post event.
S/he will manage assigned projects by using event management tools/software as well as develop and adhere to budgets, timelines, processes and procedures. S/he is responsible for internal and external relations, contributing to ongoing assessments and providing updates based on changing needs. The Coordinator works on a team on particular meetings and events under the direction of a Meetings and Events Planner, and reports directly to the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Source venues appropriate for meetings and negotiate contracts per internal guidelines. Oversee all aspects of hotel arrangements including rooming list, meeting space, food and beverage, and audio/visual equipment.
- Communicate with event related vendors regarding all preplanning needs and manage related operations onsite.
- Anticipate and resolve issues with project schedules, resources, and budgets.
- Oversee travel arrangements ensuring excellent traveler outreach, communication, data tracking, updates and compliance with established processes.
- Oversee the life cycle of meeting, conference and special event registration including creating and managing invitations, developing the registration process and communication pieces.
- Manage all meeting collateral ensuring that materials are professional and appropriately reflect the organization’s standards, thus ensuring quality control.
- Oversee and reconcile meeting, conference and special event expenditures to deliver on or below budget objectives while keeping the project leader and finance staff informed on all budget related activities.
- Assist with management of department’s inventory, credit card reconciliation process and other duties as assigned.
- A college degree is essential, and two to four years of meeting and event planning experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Experience working in Federal government contracts is strongly preferred.
Candidates should demonstrate their ability to:
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines; multitask and handle multiple projects efficiently simultaneously.
- Show initiative, work independently as an individual contributor with minimum supervision, yet able to work and contribute positively in a team setting.
- Analyze and solve challenges quickly and effectively.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including management, project managers, staff departments, and vendors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients while exhibiting a high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Cvent Event Management and Cvent Supplier Network software.
- Ability to adapt quickly to using new technology and software as implemented by the team.
The Meetings and Events Coordinator may be required to occasionally work weekends, evenings and other irregular hours and travel as necessary.
How To Apply: Please send an email to email@example.com with “Event Coordinator” in the subject line. Include your cover letter and resume.
Tour Guide – Carpe DC Food Tours, Washington, DC
Carpe DC is looking for outgoing, dynamic, friendly people who want to show off
Washington, DC’s food culture to locals and tourists alike. Our goal is to share DC’s rich
history and diverse culture through the foods of the neighborhoods, so our guests may
appreciate all DC has to offer, and get inspired to explore their own neck of the woods.
We’re passionate about supporting the neighborhoods we work in. We’re the first
Washington, DC food tour that features a one-for-one program where a portion of each ticket purchased helps feed a local resident in need, through our partner Bread for the City .
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
● Our peak season begins mid-March (Cherry Blossom time) and slows down in
December. However, we will be training before that, and offer tours year-round.
● Weekend hours will be required.
● Day and evening hours are available.
Are you into food, history, and love DC? Want to share your passion with others? Great
guides are fun, friendly, and love leading a crowd. We’re looking for some stellar guides to lead our U Street Tours, 14th Street Tours and Georgetown . Our tours range from two to three hours, and we guide guests through the streets of Washington, DC. We’ll provide the script–you provide the character! Prior tour experience is not required. However, knowledge of food, Washington, DC history, and local knowledge is preferred. Guides are paid hourly, plus tips. Guides must be able to commit at least two tours a week.
Email a resume and brief cover letter to Mary Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org . All postings will be remain open until all positions are filled.
Events Manager – Net Results Marketing, Inc., Chevy Chase, MD
Summary: The Events Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of corporate hospitality events throughout the year. Most events are centered around celebrity or prestige chefs and separately in the tennis world where we create unique events during the US Open in New York and at tennis events throughout the country. Additional duties include generating leads and proposals for new business as well as office support duties. This person should be an outgoing, energetic and organized individual who is a clear self-starter with strong relationship skills.
About Net Results Marketing: Net Results Marketing is a full-service sports and entertainment marketing and corporate hospitality company, in business for 31 years. Founded by Jeremy Steindecker, the company specializes in unique corporate hospitality events, management of retired celebrity athletes as well as top chefs, and other customized turnkey client entertainment events. For more info: http://www.netresultsmktg.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all logistics for corporate events, including vendor relations and procurement, travel, staffing, and run of show
- Act as host at various corporate events, including US Open luxury suites and other high end corporate and sports events
- Develop dynamic sales presentations for new business prospects; design PowerPoint proposals incorporating research of category dynamics
- Assist President of company with office work including database entry, filing, bookkeeping, etc.
- Other related duties as required
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Some event experience preferred
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner
- High level of initiative and inner drive
- Ability to adapt, learn and grow with guidance from the President of the company
- Candidate must have excellent problem solving skills as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to generate new and creative sales ideas
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Powerpoint, Word and Excel. Graphic design experience a plus.
- Work would be from a home office in Chevy Chase, MD
This is a full-time entry-level position. Please send resume AND cover letter to: Jeremy Steindecker at Jeremy@netresultsmktg.com
International Communication & Event Planning Intern (Spring 2019) – GBSN, Washington, DC
Location: Washington DC
Hours: Part-time internship (minimum 20 hours per week), begins early January ends mid June, flexible hours
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend OR school credit
Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in event planning, communications, web design, international development/affairs, business, non-profit management, other relevant field
Categories: Event Planning, Web Design, Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Marketing
Contact: Nicole Zefran at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Description: The Global Business School Network’s internship program is an integral part of the organization. Interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. GBSN seeks interns who are well-organized team players with a commitment to and interest in international development, non-profits, event planning and/or communications. Interning with GBSN is a great way to gain real world experience that prepares you for a career in non-profit management, international development, communications, business, or many other avenues. The Communications Intern will work closely with GBSN’s staff on event planning and promotion for the 2019 Experiential Learning Summit in India, 2019 GBSN Annual Conference in Portugal and other special network events. This will include maintaining a web presence, working on designing marketing and conference materials, and researching promotional opportunities. Additionally, the communications intern will have the opportunity to work on projects involving website development, marketing design and strategic planning, allowing for valuable experience in the field of communications.
Responsibilities (projects will be dependent on organizational needs and intern’s interests and abilities):
- Support GBSN staff
- Write/Edit/Compile articles and other content for GBSN newsletter, blog, website and social media
- Assist with media outreach
- Assist with logistics and outreach for the 2019 Annual Conference and other events
- Assist with maintenance of website and online community
- Assist with the development of the GBSN member online portal
- Assist with the design and development of organization publications
- Design and update marketing materials
- Communications with member schools
- Media Tracking
- Assist with the development of marketing strategy for GBSN activities
- Assist with maintenance of Salesforce database
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material utilized throughout the internship
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties
- Office experience and fluency in English required
- Maturity to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual communications
- Proficiency with Mac OS, DreamWeaver, Photoshop, InDesign, and SalesForce preferred
- Experience with graphic design, video editing and/or html is a plus
Benefits: To increase the student’s knowledge and abilities in nonprofit public relations, event planning, marketing, web development and outreach. GBSN offers a comfortable, creative work environment that welcomes diversity.
To Apply: Email Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Cover letter that indicates how you learned of the internship and details your interest and qualifications
- Brief Writing Sample (no more than two pages)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. GBSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paid Internship Opportunities – Chief Executives Organizations, Inc., Washington, DC
Chief Executives Organization (CEO) is a global invitation-only business membership organization of current and former chairmen and chief executive officers from 50 countries. CEO provides members and spouses with life-enriching experiences through more than 40 education-rich events, seminars and gatherings each year. Founded in 1958, Chief Executives Organization (CEO) connects selected leaders from the YPO experience who want to share global interests, knowledge and relationships in intimate and exclusive settings.
CEO Events Intern: Responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of association events, working directly with CEO staff in the Events, Education and Membership areas. Reports to Event Managers. The 12 person Events team consists of the director of events, associate director of events, four senior events managers, three events managers, a senior registration manager, a registration manager and a registration coordinator.
• Assists Event Managers in the coordination and execution of logistics and event coordination, including arrangements and printing for social events, off-site activities, transportation, registration, uploading content onto the website and database, hotels accommodations, and general meetings.
• Performs duties associated with the Events Team’s operations, including the preparation of meeting materials, notebooks, event mailings, drafting and editing newsletters, etc.
• Assists with administrative functions in the Events Department, including maintenance of event files, general logistics files, and site selection files.
• Conducts online research on assigned topics.
• Assists with other general office functions and projects as requested, such as hard copy mailings, assembling event nametags, assembling briefing binders, etc.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Works with other staff and directors as required. Has contact with committee members and other CEO members.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualifications for the role would include being a
• Motivated, detail-oriented individual able to work individually and in teams.
• Accuracy in dealing with data and written communications is essential.
• Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Word advanced tasks.
• Must also be proficient with databases; experience in Salesforce database a plus.
• Able to multi-task with ease and feel comfortable in an environment in which priorities are often changing.
• Good interpersonal skills, a hospitable personality, and a professional phone presence a must.
CEO Education and Events Intern
1. Provide administrative support to Education and Events Managers.
2. Draft and edit event correspondence, newsletters and web content.
3. Assist with research of potential resources (speakers) for CEO events.
4. Assist with speaker correspondence including invitations, confirmations, specific event information, audio-visual and presentation needs, thank you notes, etc.
5. Assist with preparation of biographies and abstracts for event publications.
6. Help maintain resource status grid for each event that tracks the status of each resource as well as the status of information received.
7. Assist with coordination of resource travel and hotel arrangements.
8. Assist in other general office duties and projects as assigned, such as entering event evaluation data, compilation of event publication materials, hard copy mailings, assembling event nametags, assembling briefing binders, etc.
9. Assist in other special projects as required.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Works with other staff as required. Has some contact with CEO members.
- Has some contact with speakers as well as with other outside vendors.
• Excellent research skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft environment (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent writing, editing and grammar skills required
• Strong project management and organization skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good personal and member service skills
• Good verbal communication skills
• Enthusiastic, motivated, and collaborative work style
• Creative and flexible
TO APPLY: Please email Education Manager, Danielle Najjar at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Conferences Manager – Intermodal Association of North America, Calverton MD
|Over the past few years, the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) has rebranded its meetings, embraced event technology (mobile app, registration, audience polling), increased educational offerings and networking opportunities, and sold out its exhibit hall every year. If you have experience managing conferences and like to work in a fast-paced, professional environment (preferably a trade association), please contact us now.
We are looking for individuals who can build positive and meaningful relationships with colleagues and Association members and manage components of the Association’s event and conference logistics including housing, tours, room set-ups, BEOs, and vendor specs – all the details that can make or break an event!
The Conferences Manager reports directly to IANA’s Director, Conferences and Events. In addition to logistics, the Conferences Manager also manages the EXPO mobile app and events-related modules of the Association Management System, fulfills event sponsorship deliverables, manages scholarship schools’ attendance at EXPO, and researches potential sites for meetings (including site visits, as needed).
|Work Experience and Qualifications:
|Meeting Planner – MSP, Rockville MD
MSP is a fast-paced, association management company located in Rockville, MD. We are looking for a meeting planner who has had at least 3 years experience working on multiple meetings at the same time. The planner will be in charge of the logistics for two local groups and two other national associations ranging from 50-600 attendees. Looking for a detailed-oriented, go-getter who can juggle multiple projects and work with several staff teams at the same time.
International Conference 2019 Intern – Society for Conservation Biology, Washington, DC
The Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is now accepting applications to fill one (1) unpaid International Conference 2019 Intern position. This internship is offered on a part- or full-time basis for a seven-month duration between January and July 2019, with a January 2019 start date. The unique internship provides the unparalleled opportunity to assist with the planning for the July 2019 SCB-hosted International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB) including travel to Kuala Lumpur in July to assist with the on-site execution of the Congress. ICCB is one of the most important biennial global conservation meetings and attended by 1,800 conservation and biodiversity professionals.
Working under the guidance of the SCB Director of Conferences and Events and Director of Philanthropy, the intern will gain hands-on exposure to global special event management and how nonprofits succeed by cultivating new funding partnerships. The intern will have an opportunity to gain amazing experience in meeting logistics and management, business development, prospect research, communications and marketing (including social media), and data management (iMIS).
As a SCB International Conference 2019 intern, you will interact with SCB’s Committees, regional Sections, topical Working Groups, local Chapters (collectively referred to as Groups) and international membership, develop communications skills, analyze data, learn administrative and organizational skills, and understand the workings of an international nonprofit organization.
Requirements: Applicants must be:
Duration of Internship: A seven (7) month period between January and July 2019
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to add the title: “International Conference 2019 Internship” to the subject line
About SCB: Founded in 1985, the Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is a nonprofit international organization dedicated to the advancement of science and practice to conserve Earth’s biological diversity (www.conbio.org). With more than 4,000 members, seven (7) regional Sections, eight (8) topical Working Groups, and numerous local Chapters positioned across the globe, SCB is a well-recognized as an organization that is dedicated to promoting the scientific study of the phenomena that affect the maintenance, loss, and restoration of biological diversity.
The SCB global office, located in Washington, DC, offers a positive work environment conducive to gaining beneficial career and networking experience. SCB will assist the volunteer intern in obtaining college credit for this internship if desired. A monthly public transportation stipend will be provided.
Multiple PAID Internships – National Association of Broadcasters, Washington, DC
The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) is a trade association that advocates on behalf of free, local radio and television stations and also broadcast networks before Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the Courts. NAB currently has openings for the following paid internship positions:
Visit NAB’s career website here for details on each opening.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (PDF documents only) to HR@nap.org. You may fax it to (202- 775-2983 if you prefer. Please include the title of the position that you are applying to in the subject line of your email or fax cover sheet. Incomplete applications may not be considered. We require all applicants to provide cover letters and resumes in portable document format (PDF). Microsoft Word documents will not be opened or reviewed.