Who Are We: Adam’s Inn is a 27-room boutique hotel with bed and breakfast charm, centrally located in Adams Morgan. We are seeking a reliable, friendly and detail-oriented individual for its General Manager Position.
- College degree required or equivalent experience in the form of 1-2 year hotel operations and/or management.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Reliable, punctual, assertive and friendly.
- Takes initiative, prioritizes and completes tasks promptly, meets deadlines and completes requests from the owner in a timely manner.
- Articulate and responsive communicator, ability to multi-task; identify priority versus non-priority tasks.
Meeting Specialist – American Association of Blood Banks, Bethesda MD
AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80 countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
AABB is looking for a Meetings Specialist that will be responsible for managing AABB Board of Directors, committee, and other meetings, as well as assisting the Director, Education and Meetings with the coordination of logistics for the Annual Meeting.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage logistic planning and implementation of all Board of Directors meetings and up to approximately 30 AABB in-person committee meetings, with duties to include:
- Recommend and consolidate information for Board meetings, NBF Leadership Forum venues, and disseminate to EPD Director.
- Ensure contracts are signed and returned to hotels in a timely manner.
- Ensure all food and beverage, audio/visual, and room setups, and rooming lists, are submitted to the hotel in a timely manner.
- Reconcile bills, process expense reports, and prepare post-meeting summary in a timely manner following the conclusion of the event.
- Maintain and update Board Meeting and Committee Meeting Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist department with research and implementation of distance learning logistics.
- Provide training to staff liaisons on committee meeting process and procedures.
- Manage and maintain department calendar for internal and external events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Annual Meeting Logistics
- Establish, track, and manage the AABB VIP and staff registration, housing, and refund process.
- Collaborate with third-party meeting management contractor for onsite management services, including temporary personnel, equipment rentals, parliamentarian, first-aid, and security.
- Assist with third-party meeting management contractor for pre-planning and onsite management of catering, audio/visual, room assignments, and signage.
- Manages and coordinates shipping of association materials to national meeting venues.
- Manage department correspondence including electronic and U.S. mail and telephone calls.
- Provide reports as requested to assist in the development of the department’s budgets.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree required; CMP is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum two years meeting planning experience required. Association experience is preferred.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You stay focused and get results.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You pay attention to the details.
- You are motivated and driven. You enjoy working on teams. You want to make a difference.
GETTING THE JOB DONE
Extensive use of computer and other office equipment
Working the dayshift
Enjoying occasional travel
Flexibility for work-related assignments outside of regular hours
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We recognize and reward our most valuable asset—our team—with a generous leave and benefits package, and excellent educational and professional development opportunities.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume HERE or by copying and pasting the link below into your browser:
AABB is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.